NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

18 hours ago, magic sign said:

Trent Williams is some guy. Not only is his story amazing, but he comes across as a really great guy. If you haven't watched this interview then I recommend it

Silverback!!  🦍😍

Washington 🤬

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He'll just relentlessly hold on. 

Time to believe!!  

Can anyone explain what Kyler Murray thinks he's achieved in the NFL that would merit the Cardinals tearing up his rookie contract when they still have him under control for two more seasons, and giving him the 'highest paid QB' money he'll no doubt think he deserves?

Has he even played a full season yet? He always seems on the cusp of being out injured for a while.

I have a work colleague from out there who is a fan but he is not a Kyler or Kingsbury fan, despite the 7-0 start he was wanting change. after the collapse he just kept saying I told you so…. So his opinion on this is a bit biased against Murray, he says, He’s on the rookie structured contract path so he should shut the fcuk up, get his head down and try and put a full season together and maybe then he’ll deserve to get paid.

I get it, lesser QB’s (imho) are getting paid huge sums of money but he’s done nothing to deserve a large salary yet.

He doesn’t deserve to get paid yet. He’s shown improvements year on year, but there are still significant questions over his decision making under pressure.

The front office have had an awful free agency period, so I would not be at all surprised if they overpay him now to shut up dissenters.

Kyler can be the guy, imo. He doesn’t deserve the cash yet though. I have no faith in Kingsbury or Keim to lead the organisation to success, however. 

Can anyone explain what Kyler Murray thinks he's achieved in the NFL that would merit the Cardinals tearing up his rookie contract when they still have him under control for two more seasons, and giving him the 'highest paid QB' money he'll no doubt think he deserves?
Rather than being a result of what Murray has achieved, Isn't it just a case of Murray's agent seeing a chance to try and take advantage of the current QB situation. There's no-one the Cardinals could draft that you would say would probably surpass Murray. So what else, trade for someone else and pay them instead?

I might be missing something, but I think Murray is an above average QB with plenty of potential and he is seeing an opportunity to get paid early. I think it will probably happen. Yes the Cardinals could say "No, your playing out your contract", but that's not likely to happen.

5 hours ago, magic sign said:

Rather than being a result of what Murray has achieved, Isn't it just a case of Murray's agent seeing a chance to try and take advantage of the current QB situation. There's no-one the Cardinals could draft that you would say would probably surpass Murray. So what else, trade for someone else and pay them instead?

I might be missing something, but I think Murray is an above average QB with plenty of potential and he is seeing an opportunity to get paid early. I think it will probably happen. Yes the Cardinals could say "No, your playing out your contract", but that's not likely to happen.

Which makes an absolute mockery of the CBA rookie contract revamp. If teams keep caving in, then what's to stop a 1st rounder demanding the same after the 1st year of a potential 5 year contract?

Obviously the Cards would be harming themselves by refusing to negotiate with Murray, but if I was Cards owner a part of me would be seriously thinking about swinging a trade for Mayfield or Garoppolo, and letting Murray sit in his own shit. He won't accrue a year if he sits out, so f**k him.

Which makes an absolute mockery of the CBA rookie contract revamp. If teams keep caving in, then what's to stop a 1st rounder demanding the same after the 1st year of a potential 5 year contract?
Obviously the Cards would be harming themselves by refusing to negotiate with Murray, but if I was Cards owner a part of me would be seriously thinking about swinging a trade for Mayfield or Garoppolo, and letting Murray sit in his own shit. He won't accrue a year if he sits out, so f**k him.
I honestly don't believe he would sit out though. Maybe he would skip some mandatory training days and get fined, but he would turn up for the season and get his bonuses. Then next year the decision is harder. According to spotrac this is his current contract.

30bc6a07f3e919479220d19b783aadbe.jpg

11 minutes ago, magic sign said:

I honestly don't believe he would sit out though. Maybe he would skip some mandatory training days and get fined, but he would turn up for the season and get his bonuses. Then next year the decision is harder. According to spotrac this is his current contract.

30bc6a07f3e919479220d19b783aadbe.jpg

Me neither, which is why I'd be telling his agent to beat it. You'd hope there's no lingering acrimony when it is actually time to start looking at an extension, but if they want to take the hump then that's entirely their own doing. Cards are under no obligation to extend him after 3 years of a potential 5 year contract, especially given his bang-average production, so they are really just taking the piss by throwing a hissy fit right now. 

To be honest, regardless of what he produces in 2022, this would have me thinking 'we need a new QB' going forward, because it's clear he has no compunction whatsoever in being an arsehole over contracts and money, and that's a distraction no team actually needs long-term. I feel the same about Cleveland and Watson. Why you'd hitch yourself to a guy like that I have no idea. Rod for your own back.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Suspect the Cards will eventually sign him up on a new deal after the draft on their terms. Carolina or Texas are probably ready to pounce if he actually became available but I can't see him moving on, he's too close to Kingsbury for that to happen.

1 hour ago, Rano Pano said:

Suspect the Cards will eventually sign him up on a new deal after the draft on their terms. Carolina or Texas are probably ready to pounce if he actually became available but I can't see him moving on, he's too close to Kingsbury for that to happen.

What’s your opinion on Kingsbury in general?

Titans have released draft plans to have a new $2.2bn stadium built in time for the 2026 season...

download.jpeg.thumb.jpg.c672b651d05babb33652b68a06e38906.jpg

Question is, which will be completed first, the 70,000 capacity stadium in Nashville, or the 15,000 capacity stadium in Dundee?

Edited by johnnydun

13 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

What’s your opinion on Kingsbury in general?

I think he's ok, he's improved the team year on year. I just wonder if he has the grit/mentality to go on to become a great head coach. The way his teams tend fade in the second half of the season stands out.

Not sure I'd have given him a 6 year extension, but the fear is the alternative could be quite worse, especially as the Cards are never going to be a fashionable team to attract a bigger name.

4 minutes ago, Rano Pano said:

I think he's ok, he's improved the team year on year. I just wonder if he has the grit/mentality to go on to become a great head coach. The way his teams tend fade in the second half of the season stands out.

Not sure I'd have given him a 6 year extension, but the fear is the alternative could be quite worse, especially as the Cards are never going to be a fashionable team to attract a bigger name.

Personally, I think he needs an offensive coordinator alongside him, and one with play calling experience at that. I think his calls in crunch situations are nowhere near good enough.

I do agree that the team has got better year on year. I don’t agree with the big name point, though. The issue stopping that happening is the substandard GM, rather than the franchise being unfashionable. 

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Titans have released draft plans to have a new $2.2bn stadium built in time for the 2026 season...

download.jpeg.thumb.jpg.c672b651d05babb33652b68a06e38906.jpg

Question is, which will be completed first, the 70,000 capacity stadium in Nashville, or the 15,000 capacity stadium in Dundee?

That looks like a glorified 'Gas' station forecourt. :P