NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I was trying to think of any significant NFL record that Brady doesn't own that he might be reaching for. He has the most passing yards, touchdowns, wins (regular season, playoff and Super Bowl) already. The only one I could think of is most games but those are owned by a bunch of kickers who can play forever and he would need to play into his 50's to overtake.

I sense he wants to end it with another with another ring but he his already the oldest player ever to do that as well.

I was trying to think of any significant NFL record that Brady doesn't own that he might be reaching for. He has the most passing yards, touchdowns, wins (regular season, playoff and Super Bowl) already. The only one I could think of is most games but those are owned by a bunch of kickers who can play forever and he would need to play into his 50's to overtake.
I sense he wants to end it with another with another ring but he his already the oldest player ever to do that as well.
Brady's completion percentage of 64.18% is behind the following:

67.69% Drew Brees
65.30% Peyton Manning
64.51% Ben Roethlisberger
64.88% Philip Rivers
65.50% Matt Ryan
65.34% Aaron Rodgers

The overall pro football record is 68.16% by Ricky Ray.

11 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Brady's completion percentage of 64.18% is behind the following:

67.69% Drew Brees
65.30% Peyton Manning
64.51% Ben Roethlisberger
64.88% Philip Rivers
65.50% Matt Ryan
65.34% Aaron Rodgers

The overall pro football record is 68.16% by Ricky Ray.

Considering the amount of completions he has had so far his numbers would need to be insane to go up the list any further.

Having thought about it a bit further the it occurs to me that he might be looking to outlast Belichick in the NFL. Bill is 69 and probably doesn't have many more years left in the game, once he passes Shula in terms of overall wins he will probably call it a day.

Edited by mrpaddyx

21 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Considering the amount of completions he has had so far his numbers would need to be insane to go up the list any further.

Having thought about it a bit further the it occurs to me that he might be looking to outlast Belichick in the NFL. Bill is 69 and probably doesn't have many more years left in the game, once he passes Shula in terms of overall wins he will probably call it a day.

The most amazing stat in there is that Belichick is only 69!

Just have two five minute halves. Each half starts with a kick off, and you have a two minute warning in each. If it's level at the end, it's a tie. In the play-offs if it's level, two point conversion shoot-out. That would be totally fair then.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa