NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

It seems the noose is tightening on Dan Snyder as the NFL have began to blame him specifically for not doing more to combat the issues in Washington.  If this is finally the beginning of the end I've got a feeling every other owner better get their lawyers on speed dial.  
If ever Snyder and Ross (Dolphins) got the boot, I think that would be the 2 worst owners in the NFL

On 15/02/2022 at 09:49, Brummie Clyde said:
On 15/02/2022 at 07:48, Antiochas III said:
It seems the noose is tightening on Dan Snyder as the NFL have began to blame him specifically for not doing more to combat the issues in Washington.  If this is finally the beginning of the end I've got a feeling every other owner better get their lawyers on speed dial.  

If ever Snyder and Ross (Dolphins) got the boot, I think that would be the 2 worst owners in the NFL

The problem is, Snyder is the type of guy that will burn the whole system down, and likely be the only one standing...  

More of that will come out...  

Will be interesting to see if Bienemy resigns with the Chiefs, I believe he is out of contract. Illuminating enough that the chap who went from KC as GM didn't hire him as HC. The guy who went to the Bears i think? It would be very illuminating indeed if the Chiefs let him go having talked him up for so long. 

I'm hoping he shakes loose and comes to be the Rams OC. Can't see it tho. 

I think there are two things that put teams off Bieniemy. 1, he has a bit of a spotty personal history. 2, he doesn't call plays and appears to be no more than Andy Reid's clipboard holder.

I could add 3, he's black, but that goes without saying in an industry where it's almost entirely white, elderly men making the final decisions.

I would like to see him elsewhere because as boo says he seems to be no more that Andy Reid’s wingman. Suppose he is also tainted with having maholmes. He seems to make a lot of plays up off the cuff when the planned play breaks down, he won’t get that at the teams looking for a HC

He’s had so many interviews and for no one to want to give him a chance isn’t a good look. I’m sure it’s not all because he’s black.

20 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

Would be very surprised if they don’t bring that level in 2022, and then start to pull ahead in the next few years.

Chiefs are also on a 6-year winning streak, which means that in 2015 they had only won 8 divisions while all the rest were on 15. And a strange anomaly at that time is that despite being way behind in terms of titles, they still had a H2H winning record against all AFCW teams (and obviously still do).

No way he retires this year, he'd end up as a footnote on the entry of Brady into the Hall of Fame.

He'll want the spotlight on him 5 years after he retires.