NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

If Snyder survived the WFT scandal unscathed then Ross will survive this. Sad but true. 

Why would Flores intentionally nuke his career if he didn't have the evidence? He is a young guy who by all accounts was a hot favourite for other jobs. Will be really interesting to see what comes out of this because its been clear for years that there is a problem. 

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Commanders it is, really not getting why that's such a good name. 

Is the president of the United States not called the “commander and chief”? Maybe that’s why they’ve went with that choice 

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is the president of the United States not called the “commander and chief”? Maybe that’s why they’ve went with that choice 

Why not, for 200 years the Commander in Chief was setting commands to wipe out Native Americans...  

Shite name, but if we start winning...  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Spain said:

Yes please

I'm not joking. It's exactly the sort of thing that Washington will do.

There are franchise that just don't do things, and others that absolutely will. There are about 8 or 9 teams that right now could really use an upper tier starting QB. The likes of the Steelers will either go with Rudolph and build a stronger roster around him to compensate for his deficiencies as a QB or go draft a young guy and nurture and protect him. The one thing they won't do is go and blow three 1st round picks on someone else's tainted trash. Snyder and the team formerly known as the Football Team are the polar opposite. They'll make the big splashy FA move/trade, care not a jot about Cap implications or moral issues, and still be slumming around in a .500 mire two or three years from now. 

The Chargers owners have a reputation for being tight with money. Not only is that simply untrue, but it masks the real issue that they are incompetent in terms of hiring GM's and Coaches, not that they are unwilling to put their hands in their pockets. It's frustrating having owners like the Spanos family, but it's a totally different kettle of fish from having an absolute liability with an enormous ego problem in charge of the franchise. I have genuine sympathy for decent fans of teams like WFT and the Cowboys.

Every week will be salute to service week at the Fitba’ team then. Pretty much guaranteed to be dissed’ no matter which name they chose. I think they were pretty goosed on that front. All the good animal names are taken, and Washington Capitals and Washington Senators were taken. I did read somewhere that they were considering Redwings, because a decorated WW2 fighter squadron based where FedEx Field is were called that. My limited knowledge of ice hockey tells me there’s a Detroit Redwings though? Guaranteed that being so close to ‘redskins’, ‘redwings’ would have tripped people up anyway.

Uniforms look OK in my opinion. After a few years, who’ll really give a toss anyway? 

21 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hopefully gets sorted and the new owners are better than, let’s say, the ones at Watford FC or the Washington Commandos. I’ve been lucky enough to visit Denver three times, do the stadium tour twice, and go to a game at Mile High. It’s a proper football city. A bit like Newcastle ‘one town one team’. The stadium is my second-favourite I’ve ever been in (the new Spurs place is the best, just tremendous), and the stadium is walkable from the ‘toon centre’. None of this FedEx Field or Levis Stadium pish. Get a decent QB and the price could rise to 5 billion. 😎

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Hopefully gets sorted and the new owners are better than, let’s say, the ones at Watford FC or the Washington Commandos. I’ve been lucky enough to visit Denver three times, do the stadium tour twice, and go to a game at Mile High. It’s a proper football city. A bit like Newcastle ‘one town one team’. The stadium is my second-favourite I’ve ever been in (the new Spurs place is the best, just tremendous), and the stadium is walkable from the ‘toon centre’. None of this FedEx Field or Levis Stadium pish. Get a decent QB and the price could rise to 5 billion. 😎

Oi, by supposed professional metric we're only now the second worst run Franchise in the NFL...