NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I have nothing against the LA Rams, but now I just want anyone bar the Rams to win the Super Bowl in SoFi Stadium. Problem is, I can only see a winner coming from the NFC - Bucs, Rams, or Cardinals. No-one in the AFC stands a chance IMHO. Titans maybe the best of a bad(ish) bunch.

Would rather see Brady lift the Lombardi again than the ‘all in’ Rams.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I have nothing against the LA Rams, but now I just want anyone bar the Rams to win the Super Bowl in SoFi Stadium. Problem is, I can only see a winner coming from the NFC - Bucs, Rams, or Cardinals. No-one in the AFC stands a chance IMHO. Titans maybe the best of a bad(ish) bunch.

Would rather see Brady lift the Lombardi again than the ‘all in’ Rams.

Apart from OBJ though the Rams have a REALLY likeable team. Donald, Stafford, Kupp, Woods, Miller - these guys are all business all the time. Ramsey has an ego but he is a phenomenal player and can back it up. Maybe my specs are rose tinted but I would want long time class acts who have never won a superbowl like Donald and Stafford to get one ahead of Tom Bradys 15th one.  

The narrative that the Rams are doing something wrong baffles me. They're prioritising proven talent ahead of crapshoot draft picks and being slaughtered for it. People keep saying it's unsustainable. Well they've been doing it successfully since 2016 so maybe it's just another way to do things and an equally legitimate roster building strategy. How have the Lions, Jets, Dolphins etc got on having stockpiled loads of picks? 

20 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

The narrative that the Rams are doing something wrong baffles me. They're prioritising proven talent ahead of crapshoot draft picks and being slaughtered for it. People keep saying it's unsustainable. Well they've been doing it successfully since 2016 so maybe it's just another way to do things and an equally legitimate roster building strategy. How have the Lions, Jets, Dolphins etc got on having stockpiled loads of picks? 

Yeah I agree with this. The Rams want success and are utterly ruthless in how they go about it. Goff signs a new deal but months later they get a chance to upgrade to Stafford and they have no hesitation sending Goff packing. Ramsay becomes available and they go in for him and if players like Von Millar and OBJ become available it would seem daft not to at least pick them up short term in the drive for a SB win.

They've made better moves in the last couple of years than the Niners have in the last 5 or 6 under Shanahan. 

It's all about execution. The Rams plan isn't a great model to follow, but they've done it well. You could argue Bill O'Brien was trying and horrifically failing at doing similar for a while by spending all of his draft picks too. Stockpiling draft picks should be a good way to build up a team, but many teams do an absolutely dreadful job of it too. Every GM thinks they're a genius, but if they're genuinely good at their job then there's more than one way to skin a cat.

5 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Apart from OBJ though the Rams have a REALLY likeable team. Donald, Stafford, Kupp, Woods, Miller - these guys are all business all the time. Ramsey has an ego but he is a phenomenal player and can back it up. Maybe my specs are rose tinted but I would want long time class acts who have never won a superbowl like Donald and Stafford to get one ahead of Tom Bradys 15th one.  

As I said, I have absolutely nothing against the Rams, and if they win it, fair do’s. There’s no right way or wrong way to build an NFL roster, but I’m just not actively cheering for a team who are like an all-star XI with moves made in November, well into the season. As much as I like Von Miller, Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp, I actually enjoy watching the 60 year old Tom Brady, Gronkowski, and the Bucs receivers. I also like Bruce Arians.

I’m actually hoping the Titans or Cardinals win it…. Assuming of course the Broncos don’t. 😜

Edited by pozbaird

Rams are all in.  Problem regarding this, and doing a Tampa Bay.  1. Tampa picked up Brady, Rams picked up Stafford, who is unproven on the bigger stage.  2. Tampa did it mainly in FA, Rams have mortgaged the next 5 for win now.  If they don't get it, it is gonna get horrible, quickly.  

8 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Rams are all in.  Problem regarding this, and doing a Tampa Bay.  1. Tampa picked up Brady, Rams picked up Stafford, who is unproven on the bigger stage.  2. Tampa did it mainly in FA, Rams have mortgaged the next 5 for win now.  If they don't get it, it is gonna get horrible, quickly.  

Rest of the NFC West

See the source image

There was no way OBJ was going to Green Bay, his people has issues with Cleveland being a 'small' market. Rams made perfect sense and with Woods now out OBJ has the chance to resurrect his career after being largely ineffective for 4 years in a pass heavy team. Good luck to him.