NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

To be honest unless you're in with the really weak teams or the really elite sides there isn't a great deal between all of the rest, which I make numbering about 24 teams.

Which kind of puts your strength of schedule chat in the bin. 

You stated they hadn't played anybody or were due to play anybody. Whatever way you look at it, that's just not true which you somehow are failing to accept. 

They have the second easiest schedule, that's not really up for debate. Most of the teams they play aren't very good as is shown by their schedule strength.

I would rate the teams as such;

Buccaneers - Very good
Chargers - Good
Eagles - Shite
Panthers - Shite
Giants - Really shite
Patriots - Shite
Vikings - Okay
Broncos - Shitey
Falcons - Shite
Chiefs - Good?
Raiders - Okay?
Saints - Shitey
Redskins Football Team - Shite
Giants - Really shite
Cardinals - Very good
Eagles - Shite

Christ I hope you're not this literal in your day to day life, I will correct what I said for you since you're being incredibly pedantic. "The Cowboys have played one very good team to which they lost, one good team that they beat and will play another two good teams during the season. A 17 game season and they basically have 13 gimmes."

Edited by Mr. Brightside

10 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

They have the second easiest schedule, that's not really up for debate. Most of the teams they play aren't very good as is shown by their schedule strength.

Buccaneers - Very good
Chargers - Good
Eagles - Shite
Panthers - Shite
Giants - Really shite
Patriots - Shite
Vikings - Okay
Broncos - Shitey
Falcons - Shite
Chiefs - Good?
Raiders - Okay?
Saints - Shitey
Giants - Really shite
Cardinals - Very good
Eagles - Shite

Christ I hope you're not this literal in your day to day life, I will correct what I said for you since you're being incredibly pedantic. "The Cowboys have played one very good team to which they lost, one good to that they beat and will play another two good teams during the season. A 17 game season and they basically have 13 gimmes."

How very dare you. My Broncos are not shitey, they’re shitey fcuking shite only beat both NY teams and Jacksonville kind of pure shite.

I stand by my prediction in the ‘Week 5’ thread… my hapless shitey shite Broncos will fail to win a single divisional game all season.

Will still support them, always, but we whiff. 🙁

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Are you stuck in last year? The chiefs D is 💩

We'll see. Too much importance placed on teams defences generally and teams too quickly written off. Its bad, no doubt, but when that offence fully purrs not many can keep up with them. 

Time will tell. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Buccaneers - Very good
Chargers - Good
Eagles - Shite
Panthers - Shite
Giants - Really shite
Patriots - Shite
Vikings - Okay
Broncos - Shitey
Falcons - Shite
Chiefs - Good?
Raiders - Okay?
Saints - Shitey
Giants - Really shite
Cardinals - Very good
Eagles - Shite

Christ I hope you're not this literal in your day to day life, I will correct what I said for you since you're being incredibly pedantic. "The Cowboys have played one very good team to which they lost, one good team that they beat and will play another two good teams during the season. A 17 game season and they basically have 13 gimmes."

I don't know who your NFL team is but suspect a bias against the Cowboys from you, but never mind, the whstaboutery. 

Dallas' offence, even taking your view if their schedule into account is well above average and with potential to improve through this season. Pollard and Wilson really stepping up, Gallup to come back into an already scary good group of receivers. 

If Parsons and Van Der Esche can stay healthy they'll be a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Buccaneers - Very good
Chargers - Good
Eagles - Shite
Panthers - Shite
Giants - Really shite
Patriots - Shite
Vikings - Okay
Broncos - Shitey
Falcons - Shite
Chiefs - Good?
Raiders - Okay?
Saints - Shitey
Giants - Really shite
Cardinals - Very good
Eagles - Shite

Yes... we've upgraded from really shite to shite 😂

Kind of agree, although the NFCE loggerhead at the end could really do them over despite how you feel about the shiteness of the Division.  

17 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Was anyone at Spurs last week? Did you participate and the glass throwing/tower making? Do you think Neil Reynolds is a complete fud and massively over reacted to it all?

I was at the game and saw several people get hurt by the plastic tumblers thrown from the top tier the stewards stood back and done nothing about it. The amount of drunks in the ground reminded me of hampden back in the seventies.

5 hours ago, hague said:

I was at the game and saw several people get hurt by the plastic tumblers thrown from the top tier the stewards stood back and done nothing about it. The amount of drunks in the ground reminded me of hampden back in the seventies.

22 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I was there. I don't remember what you're talking about but I was hammered and still haven't recovered.

Dog Reaction GIF

A long read...  please someone making it stop...

There's absolutely no doubt that Gruden has been stitched up to try and save various owners skins, as it's obvious that Gruden used the language that he did because it was the same sort of language that everybody else was using, and he was comfortable using it in those circles and knew there would he no comeback, or so he thought.

Snyder should be fired into the sun.

There's absolutely no doubt that Gruden has been stitched up to try and save various owners skins, as it's obvious that Gruden used the language that he did because it was the same sort of language that everybody else was using, and he was comfortable using it in those circles and knew there would he no comeback, or so he thought.

Snyder should be fired into the sun.

I noted Mark Davis’ comments after the meeting, basically saying that the people in charge of the investigation should be revealing more but probably won’t and, naturally, a “We’re the Raiders, we expect this shit” quote.
Maybe siege mentality a la the Al days can make the team a “team”?

Slipped under my radar but there was a sucessor of sorts to NFL Europe launched this year that finished it's season in September called 'The European League of Football'.

12 teams took part with 4 more joining in 2022. Currently has teams from Germany, Spain & Poland with Austria & Turkey coming into the fold next season. Agreement with the NFL has allowed for some familiar names to be phoenixed such as Frankfurt Galaxy, Barcelona Dragons, Berlin Thunder & Hamburg Sea Devils. Some teams are new creations others existing teams from domestic leagues such as Vienna Vikings & Tyrolean Raiders of Austria & Wroclaw Panthers of Poland.

Down the line teams from Madrid, Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Milan, Bucharest, Sofia & Brussels are possibilities. From our normal fucking island London Warriors have expressed interest. When's the P&B fundraiser for the Scottish Claidheamh-mór?

Hopefully it's a sucess & provides another option of a pro career outsides of the States which are limited compared to baseball, basketball & Ice Hockey.