NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I don't think you can say Gruden had no links to Washington at all when his son was head coach there for some of the period covered, and he was obviously close enough to Bruce Allen to be sharing all sorts of very ropey emails with him including the full card of sexual, misogynistic, homophobic and racist content.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Fair enough, he didn’t have nothing to do with them as he had a relative working for them and was very close with Allen. I was more meaning that the actual subjects of this investigation seem to be getting protected right now.

Not defending Gruden at all, btw. He’s a dick and I’m glad he’s been outed as what he is. I’d just also be willing to bet that there are other people who have said equally bad things in the past 10 years that have come up in this investigation, but for some reason that appears to be getting covered up right now.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'd imagine that there might be a few more people brought down by these emails, Gruden will just be the first.  If the NYT has the whole tranche of 650,000 emails they will drip feed them out.

Have a feeling they will be waiting to see how well teams are doing and releasing for maximum impact. i.e. if a team is looking like a sure thing for the playoffs, hit them late to create as big a media storm as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Buccs have removed him from their Ring of Honor.

Unsurprisingly, people are whatabouting with the fact Sapp is still there, and that they currently employ Richard Sherman and Antonio Brown.

Which is a fair point in my opinion 

On 12/10/2021 at 08:59, Nightmare said:

Not at all surprised that Gruden has turned out to be an arsehole.

Still a bit strange that in a review of the culture and practices of the Washington Football Team, the first leak of any kind has related to a guy who had nothing to do with that team. Not sure if he’s smart enough to have come up with this, but maybe Mark Davis is the one who leaked this stuff in an attempt to get Gruden to resign and save himself $60m+…

On the football side of things, not arsed at all.

The victims statement suns it up.  The NFL are protecting Snyder with all their power.  As he would certainly not be the last to be investigated if it came out.  Be interesting to know what is in the redacted report...

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely, but only if it’s not used as a defence of Gruden.

Agreed. There is absolutely no defence for what he said. The stuff about Michael  Sam being drafted was very poor. I wonder what he thought when Nassib came out during the summer? 

I have a bet on the chargers for the SB. 40/1. Made it the second they hired Staley. He is the balls. 

Does anyone know if they were doing propf of vaccine spot checks before the london game last week? Had an email from them saying they would be but I hadn't bothered with getting the vaccine pass thing because I thought England weren't bothering with all that? 

Down in the big smoke for the game on Sunday. Been doing Fri-Mon trips since 2010, but it’s changed days…. Used to be, you’d be able to play 32 jersey bingo, and spot many of them on the Friday before the weekend even arrived. Today, having walked around town (FitBit says 19,000 steps so far), I’ve spotted one woman wearing a Dolphins jersey, one guy in a Dolphins baseball cap, and one guy in a Bears baseball cap. That’s it.

The Admiralty Bar at Trafalgar Square hasn’t been designated a team pub, there’s no NFL fanfest in Trafalgar Square, no NFL on Regent St, and the Nike store at Oxford St hasn’t done anything as in previous years. Add all that to a lack of Americans coming over, and you wouldn’t know (so far) that it’s a London NFL weekend. Obviously, the big NFL shindigs on Regent St and Trafalgar Square were initially done as big ticket events to trumpet the NFL in London, but they don’t happen now that London is established and long term. I miss them though. The atmosphere in the city centre ramped up from Friday to Saturday to Sunday. I miss the American fans coming over and being visible in the city.

It’s all about Sunday though, so let’s not bother too much about the lack of an NFL vibe in the city. I’m doing my bit…. my ‘Elway 7’ jersey had an airing today.

Edited by pozbaird

13 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Almost like Washington are trying to deflect attention away from something else emoji848.png

We're used to scummy behavour from the Organisation but we though Jason Wright "got it".  I've seen even the most mild mannered fans go tonto.  Sean Taylor is a legend, almost mythical figure.  He was meant to be that guy, the guy Washington fans told their kids about.  And the organisation have gone and fucked it... again

Rumours circulating that the NFL wand Davis out of the Raiders and the Gruden situation is part of a long term plan, hence why no one else has had to go, yet!

Sounds like Raiders paranoia to me but…….

13 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Rumours circulating that the NFL wand Davis out of the Raiders and the Gruden situation is part of a long term plan, hence why no one else has had to go, yet!

Well... the NFL broke their own rules to give Dan Snyder a loan to buy out the minority shareholders WHILE the investigation was ongoing at Washington and are doubling down on refusing to show the written report...

13 hours ago, Raidernation said:

There’s been some chat that the NFL wants rid of Mark Davis as an owner; not because of some mad anti-Raiders conspiracy but because they want an owner in there who is a genuine businessman that will help them make as much money as possible from the team now being in Las Vegas. Mark Davis has no business or football experience really, and it’s probably quite telling that his dad kept him as far away from the team as possible when he was still running things. I could 100% believe they want him to sell up to someone more “trustworthy”.

Edited by Nightmare