NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

He would have got away with it if it was an isolated email but, Malky McKay style, he seemed to be hitting every fucking marginalised group going. Scumbag. 

Now all we need is for P&B to discover he leases a BMW. 

Edited by CountyFan

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Anyone who attended on Sunday, was the new downloadable ticket working okay? Do I need to allow extra time for queueing? And, more importantly, any pub recommendations within walking distance, preferably not too full and with the NFL on the telly?

Also interested in these answers. 

Not at all surprised that Gruden has turned out to be an arsehole.

Still a bit strange that in a review of the culture and practices of the Washington Football Team, the first leak of any kind has related to a guy who had nothing to do with that team. Not sure if he’s smart enough to have come up with this, but maybe Mark Davis is the one who leaked this stuff in an attempt to get Gruden to resign and save himself $60m+…

On the football side of things, not arsed at all.

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Anyone who attended on Sunday, was the new downloadable ticket working okay? Do I need to allow extra time for queueing? And, more importantly, any pub recommendations within walking distance, preferably not too full and with the NFL on the telly?

The tickets worked fine for us and all the queues were small.  We came out of White Hart Lane Overground just before 2pm and made it through the checks, had time to queue for some beers and make it to our seats with time to spare.

ETA would help if I put a time on it.

Edited by cal234ey

2 hours ago, cal234ey said:

The tickets worked fine for us and all the queues were small.  We came out of White Hart Lane Overground just before and made it through the checks, had time to queue for some beers and make it to our seats with time to spare.

Did you clock if they sold guinness? The only way I can ever get my old man out the pub early to get some of the atmosphere is if they have Guinness. He wont leave early for a lager in a plastic cup. 

4 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Did you clock if they sold guinness? The only way I can ever get my old man out the pub early to get some of the atmosphere is if they have Guinness. He wont leave early for a lager in a plastic cup. 

No Guinness at either of the bars we ordered from, Budweiser, Bud Light, and Neck Oil were the choices on the taps. 

Can't remember what they had in cans, don't think any Guinness though as my brother would likely have had that if so.

Not at all surprised that Gruden has turned out to be an arsehole.
Still a bit strange that in a review of the culture and practices of the Washington Football Team, the first leak of any kind has related to a guy who had nothing to do with that team. Not sure if he’s smart enough to have come up with this, but maybe Mark Davis is the one who leaked this stuff in an attempt to get Gruden to resign and save himself $60m+…
On the football side of things, not arsed at all.
I don't think you can say Gruden had no links to Washington at all when his son was head coach there for some of the period covered, and he was obviously close enough to Bruce Allen to be sharing all sorts of very ropey emails with him including the full card of sexual, misogynistic, homophobic and racist content.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

2 hours ago, cal234ey said:

No Guinness at either of the bars we ordered from, Budweiser, Bud Light, and Neck Oil were the choices on the taps. 

Can't remember what they had in cans, don't think any Guinness though as my brother would likely have had that if so.

Did the bars at Spurs have those beer tumblers that magically fill up from the bottom? Saw them on a video somewhere, has to be the work of the devil. On Sunday, I demand magical beer tumblers, the anthems sung from the Skywalk, jet fighters overhead, fireworks, Jaxon DeVille leaping from a great height, and Urban Meyer sacked before the plane wheels lift off from Gatwick on Monday.

Make it happen Goodell. 😀

Lions WR Quintez Cephus done for the season with a broken collarbone

The Detroit Lions injury situation continues to get more dire. Second-year wide receiver Quintez Cephus went down with a shoulder injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings and did not return. According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, Cephus suffered a broken collarbone on the play, and it may be a season-ending injury.

Following the contest, Lions head coach Dan Campbell made it pretty clear Cephus’ injury was serious.

“Yeah, it looks like it’s in the shoulder, front area,” Campbell said. “Could be his clavicle, could be his shoulder—but it doesn’t look good.”

Cephus was just starting to emerge as one of the Lions’ better receiving options. He currently has 15 catches for 204 yards and two touchdowns—all team highs for Lions wide receivers. Much of that production came over the last couple weeks, too, as Cephus tallied a career-high 83 yards in Week 4 and was on his way to another productive game Sunday before the injury.

The Lions will now have to dig further into its depth chart at receiver. With No. 1 receiver Tyrell Williams still sidelined with a concussion suffered in Week 1, Detroit’s outside receiver depth chart includes Kalif Raymond, KhaDarel Hodge, and Trinity Benson. Those last two have only been with the team a month and have combined for just 94 yards this season.

There is no clear indication as to when Williams is expected to return from his concussion, but the Lions are running short of options at wide receiver and you can certainly notice the results on the field.

UPDATE: Pelissero provided more detail, saying Cephus’ shoulder requires surgery and a three month recovery. So his season is essentially over.

Quintez Cephus is slated to undergo surgery and is facing a three-month recovery, source said. So unless Detroit rallies from 0-5 to make a playoff run, Cephus' season is almost surely over.
https://t.co/Eo6BXwGFU0

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
October 11, 2021

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Did the bars at Spurs have those beer tumblers that magically fill up from the bottom? Saw them on a video somewhere, has to be the work of the devil. On Sunday, I demand magical beer tumblers, the anthems sung from the Skywalk, jet fighters overhead, fireworks, Jaxon DeVille leaping from a great height, and Urban Meyer sacked before the plane wheels lift off from Gatwick on Monday.

Make it happen Goodell. 😀

They do indeed, the pints end up being better than normal plastic cup pints with it so can't complain.

I had some of those pints two years ago at Panthers vs Bucs, the hole in the bottom is covered by a magnetic disc thing but one of mine wasn't fastened properly so started leaking and I had to get a "regular" plastic tumbler to pour it into. 

Also spoke to a Spurs ST holder who said the choice of food and drink was far smaller and also more expensive at the nfl as they obviously have their own partnerships which Spurs don't. 

Edit :you can see the disc in the photo below, this was to show how it worked, it wasn't the one which was leaking as if it was I'd have made sure it leaked on the guy with the Brady top on 

Screenshot_20211012-171721.png

Edited by Fuctifano

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I had one of those pints two years ago at Panthers vs Bucs, the hole in the bottom is covered by a magnetic disc thing but mine wasn't fastened properly so started leaking and I had to get a "regular" plastic tumbler to pour it into. 

Also spoke to a Spurs ST holder who said the choice of food and drink was far smaller and also more expensive at the nfl as they obviously have their own partnerships which Spurs don't. 

Edit :you can see the disc in the photo below, this was to show how it worked, it wasn't the one which was leaking as if it was I'd have made sure it leaked on the guy with the Brady top on 

Screenshot_20211012-171721.png

A leaky tumbler next to that jersey must have left you deflated.

It'll be interesting to hear Carr's response to Gruden leaving, given his comments after the first email came to light. You would imagine there are a few players in that locker room that won't be pleased Carr took it on himself to speak for them: 

Las Vegas quarterback Derek Carr said the team rallied around Gruden after Friday's meeting.

"Us as a team, we're like, 'Yeah, Coach, it was 10 years ago. We love you, man. We got your back,'" Carr said. "We're just trying to be there to support Coach. I know it's a hard time for him. ... He told us, 'Men, learn from my mistake.' When we left that meeting, we didn't take it as how it came out."

42 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

It'll be interesting to hear Carr's response to Gruden leaving, given his comments after the first email came to light. You would imagine there are a few players in that locker room that won't be pleased Carr took it on himself to speak for them: 

Las Vegas quarterback Derek Carr said the team rallied around Gruden after Friday's meeting.

"Us as a team, we're like, 'Yeah, Coach, it was 10 years ago. We love you, man. We got your back,'" Carr said. "We're just trying to be there to support Coach. I know it's a hard time for him. ... He told us, 'Men, learn from my mistake.' When we left that meeting, we didn't take it as how it came out."

I imagine Carr will have very little to say about Gruden at all. I reckon all of us on P&B could pretty much write Carr’s next presser’ for him….

’It’s time to move on… I don’t want to say too much about that…. It’s a matter for the NFL… It’s been dealt with… As players, we just want to play… It’s on to Cincinnati…..’

Etc.

Edited by pozbaird