NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

28 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have fun. I'm at Fins-Jags next week before the misery of finding a pub to watch Aaron Rodgers destroy the Bears for the 800th time.

At least this time we won’t be saying every five minutes ‘and Anger will punt’. 😀

I’m loosely supporting Jacksonville. For no other reason than Jaxson DeVille leaping off the Wembley roof was magnificent.

Starting to feel the buzz already about heading down to the big smoke for the Jags v Fins game. Looking forward to seeing the new Spurs gaff’ for the first time too. Every game I’ve been at since 2010 has been at Wembley. It’s supposed to be an amazing venue.

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

49ers have placed George Kittle on IR, meaning he will miss at least 3 weeks.

The Cardinals are going to slaughter SF tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have fun. I'm at Fins-Jags next week before the misery of finding a pub to watch Aaron Rodgers destroy the Bears for the 800th time.

My post game plan for tomorrow is to head for the Famous Three Kings near West Kensington tube. They offer selected NFL games, presumably according to demand. Will update as I find it.

1 minute ago, Shipa said:

My post game plan for tomorrow is to head for the Famous Three Kings near West Kensington tube. They offer selected NFL games, presumably according to demand. Will update as I find it.

The green man always used to be the spot for Wembley but I'm not sure where it is in relation to spurs. 

19 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Is that North or South of Tottenham? I am looking for a good NFL pub one or two tube stops north of the stadium as there was a massive queue south last time after the game.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is that North or South of Tottenham? I am looking for a good NFL pub one or two tube stops north of the stadium as there was a massive queue south last time after the game.

Good Intel, thanks 

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's south into the city, then out again west. Suits me as staying west of centre but maybe not great for all?

Sure I could get there eventually! I think I ended up drinking in some sports bar at London Bridge last time but was drunk so ended up spending about £40 on an Uber to get there as couldn't be arsed with the tube any more. I always feel like I'm sodding Rockefeller when I've had a few pints. 🙄

This new numbering is a load of shite, defence and RBs should not have a single digit number, its always handy to know if its a safety or a corner or a running back or receiver just by the number. Down with this sort of change.
Yes, it's quite annoying.

Must make it more difficult for QBs to read opposing Defences too.

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Yes, it's quite annoying.

Must make it more difficult for QBs to read opposing Defences too.

In the offense-favoured NFL of today, I took pleasure in finding Sir Tom of Brady was pissed off with the new numbering. It’s fine by me, if it means these pampered, protected fancy-dan quarterbacks have something new to trouble them. 😊