NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Two really poor O-lines in the Falcons Giants game. From the Falcons point of view they have faced last seasons no.1 and no.2 pass rushing teams in week 1 and 2. Falcons have been forced to start rookie Jalen 'the turnstyle' Mayfield at left tackle getting a PFF score of 1.8 week 1. Showed improvement last week but this is a real benchmark game for the O-Line and especially Mayfield.
I don't actually think the Falcons are as bad as people suggest but it's going to be a struggle all season.
Matt Ryan's arm seems to have lost a bit of zing as well. Challenging times.

Chargers should be 3-0, KC a bawhair away from being 0-3.

Next three weeks are huge for LAC. Tough start to the season, but it theoretically gets a bit easier after the week 7 bye. Would take 3-3 going into the Pats game, but Staley needs to figure out quickly how to get some penetration against the run. His D has been laughably easy to run on so far. The DL gets completely wiped off the line and first contact is usually 4 yards down the field. Can't go a whole season like that and have any sort of success.

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

Broncos possibly the 4th worst team in the league but 3-0 after playing the 3 worst.

No chance they’re the 4th worst team in the league. More likely they’re a middle of the pack team who will win between 7 and 10 games. Would be contenders to win some divisions but they’re in the very strong AFCW so will likely miss out.

Yeah, looking at their schedule I have the donks down for 7-8 wins. Going to be a tough rest of the year after starting 3-0, but watching the unrealistic element of their fanbase going into meltdown will be amusing. Raiders are a far more solid all-around team, and I think that both they and LAC could in theory push KC for the Division title. A lot will come down to who wins the divisional games, and I honestly still expect KC to wind up AFC West champs despite their less than convincing start. Browns, Ravens, Chargers isn't exactly an easy run of games, but LAC and LV haven't had easy starts either. I think both could get hot and go on a run similar to the Chargers in 2018, but unless one of them has a 2-3 game lead on KC come December I still think KC would be faves. Chargers schedule is interesting right after their week 7 bye. None of the teams they play from week 8 to week 14 looks anything like a powerhouse, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could win 5 or 6 games in that stretch. Playing KC again in week 15 already with 9 wins or so could make that game massive in terms of who wins the West.

We can only beat who is in front of us, and it’s been nice to break bridgewater in gently. Getting a shutout isn’t an easy thing to do.

My biggest concern is injuries. 2 of our top 4 WR’s are out and our 2 starting guards are questionable with injuries. Guess this is what happens to the chargers every year.

But for a team that hadn’t won in September under fangio, it’s nice to be 3-0.

Really looking forward to next week, this defence v Jackson is going to shape how our season will go. If we go 4-0 I’ll start buying into the play off hype. Hopefully jeudy will be back for the divisional games at the end of the schedule.