NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 28/07/2021 at 17:03, strichener said:

Colts continue to sign-up our O-line.  That's RT Braden Smith signed a 4 year extension.  Leonard and Nelson are both going to be v. Large numbers I would think.  Leonard probably this year and Nelson later on this year/early next.

Who they being paid to protect?  Carson Wentz out for unknown length of time?  

Raiders RB Theo Riddick retires

Friday the Raiders placed running back Theo Riddick on the reserve/retired list. The veteran back had spent the first three days of training camp on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Riddick signed with the Raiders prior to last season. He spent most of the season on the practice squad, but was activate for four games rushing six times for 14 yards and catching five passes for 43 yards.

Back in March Riddick was re-signed to a one-year $1.2 million deal. But for whatever reason the 30-year-old decided this week to call it a career.

Prior to his four appearances with the Raiders last season, Riddick had appears in 84 games with 19 starters in six season in Detroit.

This week the Raiders added two free agent running backs in Darius Jackson and BJ Emmons to fill the roster spots vacated when Riddick and Jalen Richard were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. They also activated Kenyan Drake from the Non-Football Injury list.

Anyone get tickets today for the games at Spurs in October? I’m off to Jacksonville v Miami, Oct 17. Always looked forward to my London NFL fix, but this year? Going down there with double the anticipation and frankly, childlike excitement. Multiple shandies may well be involved.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, magic sign said:

I know it's only preseason, but with Byron Jones and Xavien Howard not playing, the Bears could get a lot of yards in the air today. Especially if Igbinoghene plays anything like has been reported from training camp. It could be painful to watch.IMG_20210814_172545.jpeg

Watched the Falcons v Titans game last night, neither had their first choice QBs playing and quite a lot of fringe players. I take it this is quite normal for preseason?