NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 11/03/2021 at 19:47, The Golden God said:

Just stop regular season OT completely and have ties, America needs to get over their hatred for draws, it's a much bigger issue than the racism and guns and all the other shite.

Ugh. College football overtime is one of the best things in sports. NFL overtime can be just as good, they just need to get it right.

Edited by AmericanFan
stuff

You know what annoys me.  Washington were docked $32m in cap for eh... overspending in a non cap year because they refused to collude with the rest of the NFL but now you can screw the cap by paying players a lot for one year but claim it is a 4 year deal to bring the cap hit number down until the Cap is higher.    

f**k Mara.  

On 17/03/2021 at 08:58, Antiochas III said:

You know what annoys me.  Washington were docked $32m in cap for eh... overspending in a non cap year because they refused to collude with the rest of the NFL but now you can screw the cap by paying players a lot for one year but claim it is a 4 year deal to bring the cap hit number down until the Cap is higher.    

f**k Mara.  

This has always been the case regarding spreading out the cap hit and is why the Saints found themselves with no option that to start releasing players.  What Washington did was try to completely circumvent the cap by paying out large amounts of future contract value in the un-capped year.  These behaviours are not analogeous - in Washington's case they actually removed the 36m of cap completely after multiple warnings from the NFL that they would be punished.  The other teams are deferring spend but it will still count against the cap.

On 20/03/2021 at 05:40, AmericanFan said:

Now up to 12.

Now supposedly up to 22(?!) - 14 confirmed.  So either, he's one of, if not the biggest c**t in football, or Houston have done all that is in their power to crash his career...

Edited by Antiochas III

I did laugh at the lawyers statement, this is not about money (despite demanding a 6 figure sum to begin with) and then proclaiming ‘I am a MARINE’. You’d have thought they would be better with a lawyer.
Has he done it? I’ve no idea but I am always sceptical when people go for a money case rather than heading to the police station.

I believe we're at 16 for Watson.

Remarkable turn of events for a guy who had the league in his hands. If the Texans have stitched him up then it's the most competent piece of work they've pulled off in their history.