NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

48 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Yeah, but this is the minimum it will be - it is also up $5m than the expected minimum.  

In other news...  

I think that's a great trade all round, if I'm being honest. Wentz has shown what he can do, most notably when working with Reich. The Colts O line are also excellent, which is what Wentz needs, to a greater extent than others. And if it goes well for them, the Eagles get a first round pick back. Everyone wins.

32 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think that's a great trade all round, if I'm being honest. Wentz has shown what he can do, most notably when working with Reich. The Colts O line are also excellent, which is what Wentz needs, to a greater extent than others. And if it goes well for them, the Eagles get a first round pick back. Everyone wins.

And Eagles in Cap Hell and no QB yet... so the rest of the NFC East win too 😂

Edited by Antiochas III

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Wentz to the Colts. Good move for Indy

Absolutely. They have little chance of getting a good QB in the draft for obvious reasons and picking up some journeyman jobber would have been a waste of this teams potential. A decent roster in place and a good chunk of cap space to play with as well. Good time to be a Colts fan!

ETA: Almost 20% of Philly's cap is wasted on dead money for Wentz - ouch!

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

ETA: Almost 20% of Philly's cap is wasted on dead money for Wentz - ouch!

Hear they may and try and spread it over the lifetime of the contract - so it will be roughly $10m a year.  But if they fail to get that, and starting roughly $40m over the cap.  Even if they fix their QB position, what will be left?  

Hear they may and try and spread it over the lifetime of the contract - so it will be roughly $10m a year.  But if they fail to get that, and starting roughly $40m over the cap.  Even if they fix their QB position, what will be left?  

Couldn’t happen to a nicer club. Absolute arseholes (including their fans)

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Totally agree on it being an excellent deal for the Colts. That O Line, when fit, is elite. Add a decent group of tight ends in Doyle, Burton and Alie Cox and a decent group of receivers in Hilton (if he comes back) Pascal and a potential star in Pittman Jnr.

The cherry on the cake is being reunited with Reich, you saw enough of the resulting sh!tshow that resulted when Pederson had control of the playcalling to know who was the brains behind the offence when Reich was there. A very winnable division for the Colts as well and a hungry and motivated Carson Wentz with a point to prove to himself and the league in general.

I have no doubt his struggles last season were as the result of a total drain in confidence, a poor relationship with his Head Coach and the Eagles acute failure to address any notable talent at Wide Receiver over numerous drafts. Last year's draft for example taking Jalen Reagor with Justin Jefferson still on the board. The former might still be a decent talent but I said at the time Jefferson was the one that got away for the Eagles.

23 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Wentz was also a cancer in the lockeroom.  Couldn't handle criticism, and by god the Philly "faithful" and media love to criticise.   Indy not so much... 

The Philly faithful were absolutely brilliant when I was at Wembley for the game against the Jags. They booed the Jags cheerleaders, hell, they booed Jaxon DeVille when he leaped off the Wembley roof. They were all over our hotel, and sat all around us at the game, with us in our Broncos jerseys. Real fans. I thought they were like Glaswegians... real folk, no fucking around with them. We liked them. 😀

Bezos been linked with the Washington Football Team again.  Can't see it happening though, as egos rule the NFL, and well Bezos is worth more than all other owners combined.  
But the Washington Primes, playing at the Amazon Field at the RFK yes please...