NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Chris Wesseling's wife announced on Twitter earlier that he's died from his cancer yesterday. It had spread to his lungs and other organs.
Absolutely gutted by this. I loved the ATN podcast and he was such an intelligent and great guy on it. A truly brilliant personality. Going to be missed by a lot of people.
Dreadful news.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

Chris Wesseling's wife announced on Twitter earlier that he's died from his cancer yesterday. It had spread to his lungs and other organs.

Absolutely gutted by this. I loved the ATN podcast and he was such an intelligent and great guy on it. A truly brilliant personality. Going to be missed by a lot of people.

That's dreadful news. I'd noticed that there seemed to be less and less mentions of him from Sky's coverage.

Your hearts goes out to his wife, family and friends. He seemed such a likeable and knowledgeable guy. He was always very appreciative of the UK NFL fans support during his diagnosis and treatment. 

It really puts a whole lot of things into perspective. RIP Wess. 

Very sad news. Sky having the input from across the pond on their live broadcasts each Sunday, featuring the Around the NFL Podcast Heroes was an entertaining addition to the coverage. The ‘heroes’ seemed like a proper team, guys who genuinely liked each other. Saw a tweet from Neil Reynolds, who said they will be doing something for Chris on tonight’s Super Bowl show. RIP.

He’d been on the podcast semi-regularly up until about 2 weeks ago, but it sounded like he was struggling on those appearances. As others have said, the ATN guys seem like such a genuinely close bunch, and Wess in particular had such a great mind for the sport. Awful, awful news.

Edited by Nightmare

Of any death of someone I don't know I think this one has hit me the hardest. Podcasts are strange in that you spend hours a week for years getting to know people who don't even know you exist. I listen to 30+ hours of podcasts every week and ATN is probably my favourite of them all. Great guy who had an excellent outlook on life generally and was a really talented writer.

Catching up with the NFL Honors show, when Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins pop up to get the ‘clutch play’ award. Now, I admit that I am pretty much a jeans & TShirt guy myself, so somewhat ill-placed to offer fashion advice to anyone. Having said that, what the actual fcuk....

786E50BD-FDA4-4C73-9BC2-D87575885CAD.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Of any death of someone I don't know I think this one has hit me the hardest. Podcasts are strange in that you spend hours a week for years getting to know people who don't even know you exist. I listen to 30+ hours of podcasts every week and ATN is probably my favourite of them all. Great guy who had an excellent outlook on life generally and was a really talented writer.

Heartfelt sentiment. It is mental when you think about podcasts that way. Although I don’t think I’m anywhere near 30 hours.

Don’t know why @8MileBUfelt the need to red dot a young guy with a young kid dying of cancer.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Heartfelt sentiment. It is mental when you think about podcasts that way. Although I don’t think I’m anywhere near 30 hours.

Don’t know why [mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention]felt the need to red dot a young guy with a young kid dying of cancer.

Probably because he is a fucking moron

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

You know that's already a done deal.

Come on the new Texans GM and HC won't be as bad as Bill O'Brien, they will get a decent player with it... and our second rounder, and next years first, second etc. etc. etc.