NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 30/01/2021 at 04:12, BukyOHare said:

Sorry if that's what my post was suggesting. I absolutely agree that he can't force a trade but the Texans won't want an unhappy franchise qb about the building. Both parties would be better going their separate ways. 

This story has gathered so much pace and doesn't seem to go away, if there was nothing in it, Watson could just come out and say he's staying. That hasn't happened as far as I'm aware and because of that it makes me believe he does want out. 

I think he's an elite player, top 3 or 4 in the league probably and he's still only 25.

Yes the Texans would be crazy to lose him but I think trading away Hopkins was the beginning of the end for Watson. This has been a huge bearing on him wanting to move in my opinion. 

No apology needed, and I think you're dead-on with all of the above.

Btw, congrats on the beatdown of Alloa over the weekend.

35 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Btw, congrats on the beatdown of Alloa over the weekend.

Cheers. A step in the right direction for sure, our next three games (against Hearts, Raith and Dundee) will give us a better idea of how our season is likely to play out. 

You getting nervous for Sunday yet?! 

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Cheers. A step in the right direction for sure, our next three games (against Hearts, Raith and Dundee) will give us a better idea of how our season is likely to play out. 

You getting nervous for Sunday yet?! 

The Championship offers some interesting results. Dundee can beat the piss out of Hearts, then tie Arbroath and get waxed by Raith?  It's fun to follow, though.

I've been pretty nervous all week. Our offensive line is going to be almost entirely backups and now our backup center is on the Covid watch list. Makes me fear Mahomes may be running for his life some.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A very level headed response there pozbaird and you’ve convinced me to hang fire untill I’ve watched a few more games. Whoever wins on Sunday will be officially ruled out, you have my word. 

As I said, don’t rule anyone in or out! Personally, I just wouldn’t start to follow a particular team simply because they won the big one. 😎

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I've been watching the sport for the best part of 30 years and haven't gravitated towards a team. I have wondered for a while if my enjoyment of the sport is increased or lessened because of it. Probably somewhere in the middle.

One of the things I enjoy most about the NFL is that although I became a Broncos fan in 2009, it isn’t the same as being a St Mirren fan. I can, and do, still follow the sport as a sport itself - and happily do. On Sky, and at Wembley every year since 2010. I am interested in the other teams, I enjoy watching them. Prior to becoming a Broncos fan, I had went to a Redskins v Cowboys game, and did stadium tours at the Louisiana Superdome and old Cowboys stadium. After choosing Denver in 2009, I have been to the Jets v Patriots, and did stadium tours at the Georgia Dome, new Cowboys stadium, CenturyLink in Seattle and the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona. I still buy, and wear, T Shirts from other NFL teams.... would never do that in our football. 

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

One of the things I enjoy most about the NFL is that although I became a Broncos fan in 2009, it isn’t the same as being a St Mirren fan. I can, and do, still follow the sport as a sport itself - and happily do. On Sky, and at Wembley every year since 2010. I am interested in the other teams, I enjoy watching them. Prior to becoming a Broncos fan, I had went to a Redskins v Cowboys game, and did stadium tours at the Louisiana Superdome and old Cowboys stadium. After choosing Denver in 2009, I have been to the Jets v Patriots, and did stadium tours at the Georgia Dome, new Cowboys stadium, CenturyLink in Seattle and the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona. I still buy, and wear, T Shirts from other NFL teams.... would never do that in our football. 

I totally agree with the sentiment of that. Through not having a team I think I actually appreciate the sport as a whole, you don't have any divisional or conference rivalries and through that a dislike or hatred that builds up over time. 

I don't know how I'd even begin to pick a team to actually follow. 

For those of you that care the NCAA game series is being revived having been dormant since 2013 due to rights related issues. NCAA '14 the most recent release still has an active playerbase with roster updates being released by the community every season & is a somewhat unique case of a sports game costing a noteable amount of money averaging $130.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

For those of you that care the NCAA game series is being revived having been dormant since 2013 due to rights related issues. NCAA '14 the most recent release still has an active playerbase with roster updates being released by the community every season & is a somewhat unique case of a sports game costing a noteable amount of money averaging $130.

What's going be different from madden on this? Will it not be the same game with different rosters

It is an absolutely excellent game, much harder than doing a franchise mode on Madden or manager on Fifa cause you’re never going to have a guy for more than a few years. Also like the scheduling, do you pick cupcake games or go for all the big rivalry games in tough places.

It’s fantastic. I had 2013 version. The detail was incredible. It puts madden to Shame

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

It is an absolutely excellent game, much harder than doing a franchise mode on Madden or manager on Fifa cause you’re never going to have a guy for more than a few years. Also like the scheduling, do you pick cupcake games or go for all the big rivalry games in tough places.

This. Much better than Madden.

Chris Wesseling's wife announced on Twitter earlier that he's died from his cancer yesterday. It had spread to his lungs and other organs.

Absolutely gutted by this. I loved the ATN podcast and he was such an intelligent and great guy on it. A truly brilliant personality. Going to be missed by a lot of people.

Chris Wesseling's wife announced on Twitter earlier that he's died from his cancer yesterday. It had spread to his lungs and other organs.
Absolutely gutted by this. I loved the ATN podcast and he was such an intelligent and great guy on it. A truly brilliant personality. Going to be missed by a lot of people.

That’s heartbreaking. Loved his thoughts on the game