NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They'll still be saddled with a shitload of dead money, though. They'd only save about $800k on the cap on 2021 if they trade him (presuming I've read over the cap correctly), taking $33.8m in dead mone

Also depends on a potential draft pick, think there will be a bit of a market for him

Can't see them picking up better than a 3rd or 4th for him, because practically his only market will be a bottom-feeder with a huge amount of cap space that isn't going to win for 2 or 3 years. Teams like that don't trade away high picks, plus someone is going to have to eat a huge cash spend for one season at least.

If the Jags take Lawrence #1 overall, then the Jets make sense provided they don't take a QB at #2 or #3. They can overpay him for one year, and if he plays reasonably well, they can sign him to a longer-term deal for more realistic money. Other than that, I don't really see another team where he fits. Washington would be an option, but I doubt the Eagles trade him to a division rival, the Bears aren't really in rebuild, Carolina is doing ok with Bridgewater.  I don't think the 9'ers give up on Garoppolo yet,  but perhaps Minnesota would be an option, Atlanta if they decide to move on from Matt Ryan. Only other possibility I can see is the Pats working something out, but it doesn't really strike me as a Pats type deal. I think Rivers will sign another one year deal in Indi, and I don't think they'd be interested in a rental even if he retires anyway.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Listening to an NY beat reporter on a podcast previewing the Browns Jets game and it's hard to fathom how far Darnold has fallen.

I remember the draft and Baker was who I wanted, even though Darnold was consensus QB1, but I had seen enough of SD to be happy if we had taken him.

Someone will get a steal next season when the Jets move on to ruining the next guy.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

WFT vs EAGLES is the SNF game for week 17. Giants vs Cowboys is in the early window

The NFL dream.  The East going to the wire.  Any other division can continue to have runaways but the NFC East is $$$$ and even more $$$$ the way it is

Edited by Antiochas III