NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

41 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What would you like them to go with? Iv always thought Redbirds or RedHawks are pretty cool

I pinned my colours to RedWolves early on, but tbh, it doesn't bother me so much.  Although if it is no name I would rather Club than Team so I don't need to think when typing either WFT or WTF 😂

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

IMG_1440.jpg

Love this from Brady, wish someone would do something similar to idiot analysts here.

Bit of a reddie for Brady since Dungy was long gone from the Colts by then.  It would be like me posting the Patriots record this season as some reflection on Brady.  

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

So who had 23rd December in the Josh Gordon banned again sweep?

No surprise tbh.  I do note however that it doesn't actually state that he was back using again.  Could be that he hasn't been taking tests as he should or failing to attend rehab.  Either way a complete waste of talent and just shows how drugs can ruin lives.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:
How many QB's do the 9'ers have now?

4, with Mullens and Beathard both out of contract in January.

TBH I think Rosen is still a better bet to have something of an NFL career than either of those two. He's been woefully mismanaged since he was drafted. I was kinda hoping the Chargers would have taken a shot on him when AZ was shopping him after drafting Murray so he could sit for one year behind Rivers. Things have worked out with us drafting Herbert, but I think Rosen still has a shot to be a viable starter down the line. He was held in much higher regard than some of the QB's drafted around him who have already had solid starts to their careers.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Texans clearly following the Jeff Fisher/Titans blueprint of finishing 7-9/8-8 for the next twenty years.

I mean, why? Marvin Lewis, why? His career as an NFL HC should be over.

Should it? Overall he did a decent job with the Bengals. Yes, towards the end they weren't great, but for a long time they were a consistent playoff team while sharing a division with 2 super bowl winning franchises. 

I think he built up enough credit over his time in Cincinnati to deserve another shot somewhere.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

TBH I think Rosen is still a better bet to have something of an NFL career than either of those two. He's been woefully mismanaged since he was drafted. I was kinda hoping the Chargers would have taken a shot on him when AZ was shopping him after drafting Murray so he could sit for one year behind Rivers. Things have worked out with us drafting Herbert, but I think Rosen still has a shot to be a viable starter down the line. He was held in much higher regard than some of the QB's drafted around him who have already had solid starts to their careers.

I'd back him to start more games than Darnold from here on out, tbh. The 5 QBs that were taken in the first round of that draft, for me, are ranked:

Allen

Mayfield

Jackson

Darnold/Rosen on a similar level, but one managed better than the other.

Arizona absolutely made the correct decision with Rosen though.

On 21/12/2020 at 17:52, Antiochas III said:

Philly officially heading for QB controversy with a contract that is absolutely back breaking.  Fucking love it.  😂 

Nah, they will trade Wentz, will be plenty of interest

24 minutes ago, ecto said:

Nah, they will trade Wentz, will be plenty of interest

They'll still be saddled with a shitload of dead money, though. They'd only save about $800k on the cap on 2021 if they trade him (presuming I've read over the cap correctly), taking $33.8m in dead money.

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They'll still be saddled with a shitload of dead money, though. They'd only save about $800k on the cap on 2021 if they trade him (presuming I've read over the cap correctly), taking $33.8m in dead money.

I'm sure that if they decide Wentz is done in Philly, if he wants to start somewhere else he'll restructure so they can trade him with a deal that gets them off the hook for that money quickly. They could eat that for one or two rebuilding years.

7 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Should it? Overall he did a decent job with the Bengals. Yes, towards the end they weren't great, but for a long time they were a consistent playoff team while sharing a division with 2 super bowl winning franchises. 

I think he built up enough credit over his time in Cincinnati to deserve another shot somewhere.

16 seasons, averaging 8 wins per season, 0-7 in the playoffs. 

.500 isn't necessarily a bad record, and I'd agree that in most cases a HC with a .500 record in his first job is definitely a re-tread candidate, however, Lewis had 16 years to get it done and never produced anything beyond slightly above average. He's Jeff Fisher MkII. No team that seriously harbours any intention of winning anything should be interviewing him. It's the Texans though...

Oh, and he is a minority candidate, so he'll get token interviews off the back of that just to fill quotas.