NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 09/12/2020 at 18:39, lichtie23 said:

My apologies gents, seems I missed out a few of you

I fear I've just been downgraded to being a less frequent poster.

I never even noticed we'd got this far into the season without a Last Man Standing (blame @Swarley)

More worryingly, I've gone a whole season so far without posting a Nicolas Cage gif

You thought there'd be a Nicolas Cage gif here didn't you?

But it's here instead

Nicolas Cage Hello GIF - NicolasCage Hello Hi - Discover & Share GIFs

On 12/12/2020 at 00:35, Spain said:

I fear I've just been downgraded to being a less frequent poster.

I never even noticed we'd got this far into the season without a Last Man Standing (blame @Swarley)

More worryingly, I've gone a whole season so far without posting a Nicolas Cage gif

Reveal hidden contents

You thought there'd be a Nicolas Cage gif here didn't you?

Reveal hidden contents

But it's here instead

Reveal hidden contents

Nicolas Cage Hello GIF - NicolasCage Hello Hi - Discover & Share GIFs

Yes, apologies. Since the app went breasts up I'm finding that I'm on P&B less and less these days. Its probably too late to do one this season.

Pederson has binned Carson Wentz for this week's game, Jalen Hurts to start for the Eagles against the Saints.
I'm Wentz' biggest fan but I'm not sure how much more of him I can watch at the moment. That said, it's absolutely not all down to him, I place the blame as follows -
Pederson's play calling - 50%
The sham of a line assembled by Howie Roseman - 25%
Wentz poor decision making - 25%

I've seen too much good stuff from Wentz for too long to know that he hasn't just become a bad QB suddenly. The coaching and play calling has put him in bad spots continually throughout every game this year and the line is so poor that he knows he's going to get smashed on every other play, no wonder he can't just relax and play his own game. Having Hurts over his shoulder probably hasn't helped either. However, his own personal performance and decision making has been terrible and although he's not being put in the right situations to succeed, he does need to do better than he is currently.

No problem with Hurts finishing what is a lost season but I want Wentz back as a starter with a new offensive playcaller at least next year. With the $30m cap hit even if we found a trade partner, he isn't going anywhere anyway.

Been a couple of games Jets have looked like they could win then they've remembered they don't want a win.  
The Lions were historically bad even for 0 win season bad team.

Aye would agree with that. Would prefer if we didn't go 0-16 but if it means we get Lawrence, I don't care.

On 13/12/2020 at 01:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

I might start a sticky thread for who supports who if that is okay with Lichtie? Don't wanna steal credit for his idea but think it might be useful for fans in this bit of the forum? 

I was thinking "I did this not that long ago".

I was right, if "not that long ago" was 2013...

11 hours ago, The Golden God said:

If the Patriots beat the one of the Dolphins or Bills then a Jets win would give them their first losing season in forever. No 0-16 and give the Pats a losing season or Lawrence?

More interesting would be if NE are eliminated by week 17 and try to tank the game so the Jets don't get the first pick and potentially land a franchise QB with the Jets also trying to lose to ensure this. 

Every scoring play a safety.