NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 17/10/2020 at 22:19, GNU_Linux said:

First I've heard of it. NCAA sports have been exclusive to BT & previously ESPN in the UK for about a decade. Guess SKY have negotiated a deal with one or a few of the US networks to give themselves more content now they have a dedicated NFL channel. Wonder if down the line they may look to secure the XFL & CFL from BT to bolster the channels content when not showing games.

On 17/10/2020 at 22:23, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't know if it has been every week or not, but it certainly isn't the first. Last game I saw was on was also Notre Dame about a month ago, that might just be coincidence though, I haven't been looking for it each week.

Notre Dame have an exclusive broadcast deal with NBC for all their games and Sky are owned by NBC.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What's the worst record a playoff team has had from a four team division?  I'm sure the Panthers qualifeid as 7-9 about ten years ago, surely one of these teams will beat that.

7-9 is the worst so far, first done by the Seahawks in 2010. The NFC East winner looks like being that at the very most, and possibly even as low as 5-11.

7-9 is the worst so far, first done by the Seahawks in 2010. The NFC East winner looks like being that at the very most, and possibly even as low as 5-11.

I remember that year. They played the Rams on the late Sunday night week 17 game in a “win and in” game.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Their scoreboard is the worst I’ve ever seen in sport. Also seen on twitter that apparently 4-12 could win the NFC East if they all lose every non division games.

No.  4-11-1 is the worst possible outcome(Eagles).  

Edited by Antiochas III

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:
Fitzy benched in Miami.  Tua to start after the bye.

Strange one after they won their last two matches very comfortably.

It's not a benching in the traditional sense though. I suspect it was always the plan to move to Tua at the bye. I still don't agree with it though, Dolphins looked capable of a playoff place with Fitz, they'd have been better sticking with him and giving Tua the year to develop, IMO.

It's not a benching in the traditional sense though. I suspect it was always the plan to move to Tua at the bye. I still don't agree with it though, Dolphins looked capable of a playoff place with Fitz, they'd have been better sticking with him and giving Tua the year to develop, IMO.
Yep, you would have thought a run at the playoffs would have been more important. They have the Rams and Cardinals next so could easily slip to 3-5. For me that would be the time to switch QBs with a fairly decent run after that, with the Chargers, Broncos, Jets and Bengals.