NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

19 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Washington Football Team have benched Haskins

And not just benched, he's punted to number 3 on the depth chart. Alex Smith is officially the backup. 

I really want to see Smith back on the field. Even if he never starts another game, to come back from that injury to throw a pass in the NFL again will be an incredible effort.

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Washington Football Team have benched Haskins

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

And not just benched, he's punted to number 3 on the depth chart. Alex Smith is officially the backup. 

I really want to see Smith back on the field. Even if he never starts another game, to come back from that injury to throw a pass in the NFL again will be an incredible effort.

Got to be surely more than meets the eye on this one.  Benching a QB is one thing but Benching and then redshirting...  

Now a total of 20 Titans players and staff tested positive for Covid. An investigation is underway looking at various aspects of the outbreak, but rumours that players were involved in rogue practice sessions while all their facilities were closed.

Titans are definitely the NFL's most anonymous franchise. Rare to meet a Titans fan, and I don't think I've ever encountered one who was an Oilers fan previously. 

I had a soft-spot for the Oilers  back in the day thanks to Warren Moon, but I can't say I feel any empathy for the Titans at all.

I think the nearest NFC equivalent would probably be the Cardinals or Lions, but I think in the Cards case their relative obscurity stems from the fact they were a total afterthought in a viciously competitive NFC East for years and years.

Titans are definitely the NFL's most anonymous franchise. Rare to meet a Titans fan, and I don't think I've ever encountered one who was an Oilers fan previously. 
I had a soft-spot for the Oilers  back in the day thanks to Warren Moon, but I can't say I feel any empathy for the Titans at all.
I think the nearest NFC equivalent would probably be the Cardinals or Lions, but I think in the Cards case their relative obscurity stems from the fact they were a total afterthought in a viciously competitive NFC East for years and years.
Funnily enough the Cardinals & Lions are the two teams with the longest championship droughts of 1947 & 1957 respectively.

I think the Bills will win that division, which means the Pats are looking at 5th seed at best and playing every playoff game on the road, bar some ridiculous scenario whereby they end up playing 6th or 7th in the Championship game. 14-1 looks like fantastic odds for a traditional Championship contender, but I genuinely doubt they even make the AFC Championship game this season.

I don’t think there will be as much home field advantage this year cause of the virus so finishing 5th isn’t as bad as it would’ve been. The AFC is absolutely loaded and you could easily make a case for 5/6 teams, anyone could beat anyone (apart from the Ravens beating the Chiefs obviously). If the playoffs do happen then the AFC should be one of the best in a long time. The NFC on the other hand looks poor, no chance it’s not the Packers or Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

17 hours ago, G51 said:

Situations matter though, especially for first time head coaches. Watson is the big draw, but I'm not sure it's a big enough draw to override the fact that the guy in control of your roster might be more comfortable testifying to Jesus every Sunday instead of scouting NFL players.

So does money and where you are in life. He's 51 and has accomplished all you can as an assistant. He'd at least triple his salary and Houston is a good job compared to every other job that could come open. If you get a chance with Watson as the QB and in that division, you take it.

16 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Bienemy will be a HC this season, it's not a case of if but when. Even Andy Reid admits he is overqualified for his job in KC. 

The only question is does he wait til he is a free agent as there might be more attractive franchises out there. 

Wait until whom is a free agent? 

If you're talking about Watson, he's with Houston until at least 2026.

2 more positive tests for Tennessee. League will have to make a decision today. 

Think a "week 18" created by cutting the gap between the championship games and the super bowl to a week and pushing everything back is more likely than a forfeit even if they have been a bit naughty. 

Edited by Fuctifano

21 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Bienemy, contract is up at end of year. 

Assistant coaching contracts don't matter when it comes to taking a head coaching job. In fact, any NFL assistant can leave for any other team as long as the position he's taking is a promotion. 

Pretty much the same with taking a college head coaching job. Bienemy could have taken the Colorado job he was offered last year with no problem.