NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

See if you're an up and coming co-ordinator... are you taking the Texans job?

Pros: you've a guy who's going to be a top 10 QB for a very long time in the league

Cons: you've absolutely no capital to spend on building the roster the way you want to, the reporting and power structure is opaque, and the roster is so bad it wouldn't be a surprise if it ruins Watson.

I'm not sure the likes of Bienemy would take that job.

I'm as happy as I can be. We've got a very weak roster and no draft capital for next year, and it's going to take us a couple of seasons at least to try and rebuild but at least BoB's gone and can't do any more damage to try and dig himself out of this hole.

There's a lot to be said for getting a GM and HC in together and letting them work for a while without immediate expectation - that could tempt a few, in addition to the whole not having to worry about not having a QB. There will be a lot of people advocating combinations like Borgonzi & Bieniemy, Hortiz & Roman etc and I can see a lot of benefit in doing something like that.

Edited by Spain

I think the Bills will win that division, which means the Pats are looking at 5th seed at best and playing every playoff game on the road, bar some ridiculous scenario whereby they end up playing 6th or 7th in the Championship game. 14-1 looks like fantastic odds for a traditional Championship contender, but I genuinely doubt they even make the AFC Championship game this season.

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Patriots 14/1 to win the AFC, am I being mad or is that a good price? Could definitely see them going a run in January if there’s not too many injuries etc. 1/2 price EW aswell so 6/1 just to make it.

Not seeing past KC this year

18 hours ago, G51 said:

See if you're an up and coming co-ordinator... are you taking the Texans job?

Pros: you've a guy who's going to be a top 10 QB for a very long time in the league

Cons: you've absolutely no capital to spend on building the roster the way you want to, the reporting and power structure is opaque, and the roster is so bad it wouldn't be a surprise if it ruins Watson.

I'm not sure the likes of Bienemy would take that job.

Of course you are. Frankly, it's blown out of proportion how bad of a situation the Texans are in.  Top-10 quarterback in a division that is VERY winnable every year. Take that job in a heartbeat.

Of course you are. Frankly, it's blown out of proportion how bad of a situation the Texans are in.  Top-10 quarterback in a division that is VERY winnable every year. Take that job in a heartbeat.

And all those zeros on the cheque will help as well

14 hours ago, steelmen said:

Are the Texans really that bad? Losing Hopkins hurts but there offence isn’t that bad. Defence looks ok too.
They have had an awful start to the season but they have played some good teams.

It's not that we're that bad, but we need some decent recruitment accross the board. It's certainly do-able, but it's going to take a lot of wheeling and dealing, especially without any draft picks in the first two rounds next year. This year's a write-off, next year will be spent adjusting and rebuilding (although not winning our division will instantly make our schedule easier next year), then the following year hopefully we'll be good to make a decent push again.

9 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Situations matter though, especially for first time head coaches. Watson is the big draw, but I'm not sure it's a big enough draw to override the fact that the guy in control of your roster might be more comfortable testifying to Jesus every Sunday instead of scouting NFL players.

59 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Bienemy will be a HC this season, it's not a case of if but when. Even Andy Reid admits he is overqualified for his job in KC. 

The only question is does he wait til he is a free agent as there might be more attractive franchises out there. 

10 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Patriots 14/1 to win the AFC, am I being mad or is that a good price? Could definitely see them going a run in January if there’s not too many injuries etc. 1/2 price EW aswell so 6/1 just to make it.

I'm still of the opinion that if Cam is healthy (more his body than Covid) for the rest of the season then NE are still marginal favourites for the division but would still be a tricky path. Probably worth a fiver each way.