NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 27/12/2019 at 14:06, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

My internal nfl clock thinks its game day, holidays have thrown it off. Can anyone confirm the 1.20am games aren't blacked out on gamepass? Think its only the 6 and 9pm ones but cant find a definitive answer. Fucking buzzing for the 9ers Seattle game!

Should be on m8. 

The earlier mentions of playing Madden reminded me of my first NFL game - Unnecessary Roughness on the PC. Anyone play this?

Edited by RiG

I think Rodgers should be in instead of (or as well as) Favre, too. Favre had an amazing number of TD passes,  but that's not too surprising considering they threw it on virtually every down and he never got injured. He also threw a shitload of interceptions.

Rodgers is far more accurate and will have five or six game spells without a single pick every bloody season.

I used to always feel much more confident against Favre than I do against Rodgers. 

Not that I ever feel confident against either...

Brees should be in, too.

Edit: have checked this and Rodgers has 364 TDs vs 84 interceptions from 181 games. Favre has 508 vs 336 from 302  games.

So, not only is Favre MUCH more likely to get an interception, Rodgers gets more TDs per game than he did, too.

Summary: decision = shambles.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Rumours on the Denver Broncos website that next season’s Atlanta v Denver game won’t be taking place in Atlanta. Article also mentions the fact Denver haven’t played an IS game since 2010. Interesting... will probably take it to Mexico City. 😯

Edited by pozbaird

That would check out. Atlanta haven't "hosted" a game abroad since their stadium was granted the Super Bowl. One of the pre-conditions for being granted the Super Bowl nowadays is that you have to give up a home game to the International Series in the following few seasons (not sure how many).

I predict Green Bay at Houston will also be chosen as Houston hosted a Super Bowl recently and the Packers are the only team that hasn't come over yet. Although they may wait a season or two as Houston were here as an away team this year.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

10 hours ago, Sydney Carton said:

Will the Giants or Redskins use their high draft pick on a QB? A new head coach might be willing to admit that Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins look like cat poop and Burrow / Herbert / Tua represent a significant upgrade.

No.  Anyone who thinks either of these QBs are a bust already have not been paying attention.   Redskins will either go Chase Young or trade down and pick up a need plus a 2nd round pick which they don't have.  

So here we are again.

Complete nuke to the Browns hierarchy with HC Kitchens gone yesterday and 2 year GM John Dorsey out a few moments ago.

Speculation that a deal done with a new HC that didnt want to work with Dorsey. Further speculation it's McDaniels from the Pats.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

That game is coming back for 2020. You call plays, but cannot control your players. It’s called ‘Browns Head Coach’. Might get it on the Playstation.

My flatmate and I played a lot of Madden on the Sega Megadrive early-mid 90s. I remember that all you really had to do was give the ball to Thurman Thomas and you were virtually guaranteed a TD.

On 01/01/2020 at 10:58, pozbaird said:

That game is coming back for 2020. You call plays, but cannot control your players. It’s called ‘Browns Head Coach’. Might get it on the Playstation.

Could you only play that game in the Kitchen(s) ?! 

I'll get my coat........

page content GIF