NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Clear the decks every Sunday for sitting down at 5pm to watch the live Sky games with the only interruption being to get up from the sofa for another beer, or to answer the door as the local Chinese takeaway driver has turned up.... put the late games into the Sky planner to watch the following day without knowing the score. I don’t mind who is playing in the live Sky games*, I am a Broncos fan, but also a fan of the sport. I do not feel the need to buy GamePass to watch the Broncos - every Broncos GamePass now comes with the Samaritans phone number printed on the back.

If the first Sky live game at 6pm is a complete blow-out, will then switch to RedZone until the 9.05 / 9.25 second live game starts. I do not enjoy watching RedZone for any length of time. Just seeing touchdowns flashing in from all sorts of games in rapid fire holds no attraction for me. American football is a sport that, in my opinion, makes me want to watch the whole game. I want to see how a drive unfolded. How they reached the red zone. It is a sport that is on one hand a brutal collision sport, then a moment later, is a sport of inches.... did someone manage to drag a toe in-bounds, even for a second. I enjoy the nuances, the complexity, the battle of wills between the coaches. 

Now that Jeff Reinebold is back, the patter in the Sky studio is back on track.
*My only issue with Sky is that they seem to have their noses shoved up the arse of the NFC East.

Edited by pozbaird

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Now that Jeff Reinebold is back, the patter in the Sky studio is back on track. My main issue with Sky is that they seem to have their noses shoved up the arse of the NFC East.

This does make a huge different. He makes it instantly more watchable.

And I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that I interviewed him on my podcast at the start of the year. The guy is a legend. Check it out of you haven't!

https://theafcast.podbean.com/e/the-american-fitbaw-cast-e35-extended-jeff-reinebold-interview/

I do not enjoy watching RedZone for any length of time. Just seeing touchdowns flashing in from all sorts of games in rapid fire holds no attraction for me. American football is a sport that, in my opinion, makes me want to watch the whole game. I want to see how a drive unfolded. How they reached the red zone. It is a sport that is on one hand a brutal collision sport, then a moment later, is a sport of inches.... did someone manage to drag a toe in-bounds, even for a second. I enjoy the nuances, the complexity, the battle of wills between the coaches. 

I understand what you mean but I can’t be bothered with all the adverts they constantly jump to. Redzone stops that.

Interestingly when one of my colleagues was over, he was blown away by Redzone. He thought it was just crazy how they jumped about from game to game. He is just used to one game at a time and most of his friends don’t watch it as it’s hard to keep up with.

The long running Arena Football League that's been in operation since 1987 has ceased operations after a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing. Pro indoor football is still around however with the biggest being the 13 team Indoor Football League (founded 2008 via mergers) which is the only truely national league.

Also around are the Southern US based Champions Indoor Football (founded 2014 via megers), the east coast based National Arena League (founded 2017) & the Carolinas/Rust Belt based American Arena League (founded 2018 via mergers).

Clear the decks every Sunday for sitting down at 5pm to watch the live Sky games with the only interruption being to get up from the sofa for another beer, or to answer the door as the local Chinese takeaway driver has turned up.... put the late games into the Sky planner to watch the following day without knowing the score. I don’t mind who is playing in the live Sky games*, I am a Broncos fan, but also a fan of the sport. I do not feel the need to buy GamePass to watch the Broncos - every Broncos GamePass now comes with the Samaritans phone number printed on the back.
If the first Sky live game at 6pm is a complete blow-out, will then switch to RedZone until the 9.05 / 9.25 second live game starts. I do not enjoy watching RedZone for any length of time. Just seeing touchdowns flashing in from all sorts of games in rapid fire holds no attraction for me. American football is a sport that, in my opinion, makes me want to watch the whole game. I want to see how a drive unfolded. How they reached the red zone. It is a sport that is on one hand a brutal collision sport, then a moment later, is a sport of inches.... did someone manage to drag a toe in-bounds, even for a second. I enjoy the nuances, the complexity, the battle of wills between the coaches. 

Now that Jeff Reinebold is back, the patter in the Sky studio is back on track.
*My only issue with Sky is that they seem to have their noses shoved up the arse of the NFC East.
This, I hate watching highlights of NFL games, really has to be the live game in full.

This season I are mostly watching NFL gamepass by entirely legal means.

Nevermind that, how long before football adopts the NFL Challenge rules for VAR, rather than the current rubbish?
I get When Saturday Comes magazine every month, and when VAR was first being introduced they were tipping coaches to have challenge flags by 2021 or 2022.

1 minute ago, Brummie Clyde said:
53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
In the NFL they go to Al Riveron in New York City. Can’t wait for a dodgy decision in Dingwall between Ross County and Hamilton Accies, and they phone Willie Collum in Cowcaddens.

Was hoping you'd say Dougie Donnelly, as my Dad used to play him at football.

OK...

In the NFL they go to Al Riveron in New York City. Can’t wait for a dodgy decision in Dingwall between Ross County and Hamilton Accies, and they phone Dougie Donnelly in Sterling, the Big One, near Tillicoultry.

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Aye I suppose but money talks, it’s becoming more and more American/franchisey down there and don’t think them buying that out is outwith the realms of possibility.

True. The stumbling block to that though is EUFA/FIFA. The blackout comes from them. I think if it was up to the EPL they would have sold 3pm Saturday rights already.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

True. The stumbling block to that though is EUFA/FIFA. The blackout comes from them. I think if it was up to the EPL they would have sold 3pm Saturday rights already.

I don't think it's anything to do with UEFA or FIFA. It's a FA/EPL/Football League agreement.