NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Patriots need a kicker as Nick Folk had his appendix removed, it is thought he will only miss one game as it was keyhole surgery, but the Patriots don't have a backup.

The Ravens had to sign a new centre after starter Matt Skura was placed on IR. Hopefully that helps knock Jackson off his stride on Sunday.

Patriots need a kicker as Nick Folk had his appendix removed, it is thought he will only miss one game as it was keyhole surgery, but the Patriots don't have a backup.

The Ravens had to sign a new centre after starter Matt Skura was placed on IR. Hopefully that helps knock Jackson off his stride on Sunday.
Pats could have punter Jake Bailey do double duty. Not ideal but punters can fill the role easily enough & it's for one game only.

Hold and kick it himself.

It's a tough call to make, seems to be most punters double up as holder for the kicker, so you have to decide whether to take him from there and risk breaking up the partnership with the long snapper, or just bring in a new guy who only needs to kick the ball. The 49ers had all sorts of problems early in the season when the long snapper was injured.

What's everyone's method of watching games? The BBC coverage is decent (certainly better than Sportscene), but the two shows are just played at awkward times, and I never find time to watch them.

I decided I was a 49ers fan 4 years ago when I went to Wembley for the first time. This was confirmed two years ago when we went for a driving tour of LA, SF, and LV, and SF was by far my favourite city (apart from New York, but who the f**k can support teams in blue, white, and red, or green and white). Recently found NFL highlights are abundant on Youtube, along with player interviews (George Kittle's a legend). I watch the 49ers highlights, but generally miss the rest of the goings on.

Anyone have a routine for watching?

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

What's everyone's method of watching games? The BBC coverage is decent (certainly better than Sportscene), but the two shows are just played at awkward times, and I never find time to watch them.

I decided I was a 49ers fan 4 years ago when I went to Wembley for the first time. This was confirmed two years ago when we went for a driving tour of LA, SF, and LV, and SF was by far my favourite city (apart from New York, but who the f**k can support teams in blue, white, and red, or green and white). Recently found NFL highlights are abundant on Youtube, along with player interviews (George Kittle's a legend). I watch the 49ers highlights, but generally miss the rest of the goings on.

Anyone have a routine for watching?

On a Sunday I'll either watch whatever game they're covering in full, if it takes my fancy, or Redzone. Tend to watch Redzone during the late window to see most of the Cardinals game. 

If I've then missed anything, I'll go search for the highlights. Either get these on YouTube (generally a 15 minute package), or catch the hour long ones on sky.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

On a Sunday I'll either watch whatever game they're covering in full, if it takes my fancy, or Redzone. Tend to watch Redzone during the late window to see most of the Cardinals game. 

If I've then missed anything, I'll go search for the highlights. Either get these on YouTube (generally a 15 minute package), or catch the hour long ones on sky.

Redzone?

Redzone starts at 6pm on Sky on Sundays.

Goes on for 7 hours, covering the 6pm and 9pm kickoffs.

Basically covers all the games, going to whichever games are close to the opposition endzone. Will also show any big plays and all touchdowns. The biggest plus is that there are no adverts.

I usually watch Redzone unless my team are the main featured game.

Redzone?

Red zone is on sky sports mix normally. Presented by Scott Hanson. 7 hours of commercial free football starts now... as the early games go into the 4th quarter it becomes the witching hour!!

Jumps about all the games showing as teams get to the Redzone. Shows all touchdowns and field goals.

I love it as no adverts and you get good coverage of all games. Not too many broncos games are picked for tv just now so it’s does for me.

The YouTube highlights are great for the late late games.

Watch Lions games via totally legal & above board means. Will also watch other games if Lions aren't playing in 1st two Sunday slots. Seldom able to watch Thursday or Sunday night.

If yer looking for other football fixes BT Sport carry the NCAA & Canadian Football League which I'm the resident shill for.

Redzone for fantasy purposes unless the Seahawks are playing then it's the full game when I can.

Redzone is easily the best sports broadcast going, just works perfectly for the NFL. 

Will normally watch the 40 minute condensed of high scoring games the following day, or if I'm offshore I'll try and watch the shortened YouTube highlights of games.