NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

10 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Was looking at the possible options for Da Bears at QB next season.

Mariota/Tannehill/Bridgewater/Foles/Newton/Fitz

Think I'd like Bridgewater or a healthy Newton out of those options.

Don't think we will be able to get one in the draft with no first round pick.

Case Keenum heading back to the North...  😉

Bears to wear 1960s style helmets tomorrow against the Giants, in a nod to the 1963 Championship win over them.

Sayers and Payton in the all time NFL team for RBs. Think there are 12 in total.

No place for Marshall Faulk, or my favourite RB since I've been watching; LaDainian Tomlinson.

Absolutely hate Tomlinson but he was a great RB, surprised he never made it.

Belichick named as one of the greatest coaches ever? I’m sorry but no. You get caught cheating you should never make these lists.

Absolutely hate Tomlinson but he was a great RB, surprised he never made it.

Belichick named as one of the greatest coaches ever? I’m sorry but no. You get caught cheating you should never make these lists.
They don't seem to be bothered about what misdemeanours anyone has committed either on or off the pitch, given that OJ Simpson is on the list of the top 12 running backs.

What did he do?
Cleared of murdering his ex-wife & her friend in an infamous & contraversial court case. Was charged in a civil court after the fact on wrongful death grounds & paid 7 figures in damages to the families. Fast forward a decade when he was banged up for armed robbery & kidnapping (was released in 2017).

Like I said last year when folk were thrashing it over the Chiefs and Rams, the crushing inevitability was the Patriots edging their way past both teams. Similarly this year I can see them beating Baltimore in a low scoring AFC title game with 1 Special Teams touchdown and Belichick coming up with something similar to what the Chargers did last year to limit Jackson.

In the NFC my worry for the 49ers is that they've peaked too early, think it's between them and the Saints though NO must be due a happy ending (not a Bob Kraft one) in the playoffs after the last 2 years.