NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Patriots win again but they're surely going to come unstuck when they play against better teams? 2 turnovers and conceding 14 points to a Giants team missing their most talented offensive players should be punished by more talented teams. By my reckoning that could be week 9 at Baltimore then their 4 consecutive games after their bye week in week 10.

Was listening to a podcast the other day which said that Belichick and his co ordinators identify weaknesses in their opponents and know how to ruthlessly expose them. 

Also read somewhere that Gronk has yet to file his retirement papers, what a New England thing to do to wheel him out for the playoffs, especially after releasing TE Benjamin Watson recently.

New England's defense is absolutely outstanding - I picked them in my fantasy league this year and they are dynamite.  I think they've conceded three touchdowns in six games, they've scored five defensive touchdowns and had fifteen takeaways.  They are carrying the offense, who haven't been as impressive this season.

I do think that they'll improve as the season goes on.  it wouldn't suprise me if they traded for a top level receiver before the deadline, someone like Stefon Diggs from Minnesota.  they've also had a good schedule, facing Miami, the Jets and Washington in their first five games is pretty favourable.  

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

New England's defense is absolutely outstanding - I picked them in my fantasy league this year and they are dynamite.  I think they've conceded three touchdowns in six games, they've scored five defensive touchdowns and had fifteen takeaways.  They are carrying the offense, who haven't been as impressive this season.

I do think that they'll improve as the season goes on.  it wouldn't suprise me if they traded for a top level receiver before the deadline, someone like Stefon Diggs from Minnesota.  they've also had a good schedule, facing Miami, the Jets and Washington in their first five games is pretty favourable.  

There's a ludicrous rumor that the Browns are willing to listen to offers for OBJ. Would not shock me to see him end up in New England.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You can't disagree with the stats as they are but to put it into some perspective they've beaten some pretty bad teams this year, with only the Bills looking like having a winning season.

Brady's stats without Gronk are worrying and they've got by this far without a potent running game thats missing James Develin.

As I said earlier in the thread, bigger tests surely await and we'll have a better idea in the 4 games after the Pats' bye week of their apparent invincibility.

To keep the game moving why dont they take the kick-off of games closer to the kicking teams endzone, thus avoiding touchbacks and perhaps getting more kicks returned for a decent gain?

Always wondered that, touchbacks frustrate me greatly, shouldn't but do for some reason!

Edited by BukyOHare

To keep the game moving why dont they take the kick-off of games closer to the kicking teams endzone, thus avoiding touchbacks and perhaps getting more kicks returned for a decent gain?
Always wondered that, touchbacks frustrate me greatly, shouldn't but do for some reason!

Player safety. Goodall would like to take kick offs out of the game completely