NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Pats cut Hoyer and Packers cut Kizer. So could be interesting if their main QBs get injured.

Doctson and Treadwell both cut. Imagine someone will pick up Doctson though.

Chiefs have added LeSean McCoy and Carlos Hyde. They're gonna have as many RBs as the Eagles.

Chiefs traded Hyde away to the Texans.

For anyone wanting a fix to keep them going until Friday morning, the Under-19 BritBowl followed by BritBowl 33 live here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/american-football/49494578

Under-19 is London Blitz v East Kilbride Pirates, Blitz are 18-0 up and the second half has just began. 

The main game is London Warriors v Tamworth Phoenix. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Rams signed Jared Goff to a four-year, $134 million contract extension that includes an NFL-record $110 million in guarantees.

Jesus suffering f**k

Plays into Daks hands when he tries to negotiate with the Cowboys.

Lots of commentary (mostly from Florio and Chris Simms) that Goff isnt worth the money, but I can tell you that Rams fans everywhere are delighted. That's the market rate now, so you either pay that or go back to the QB crapshoot. Given that the last good Rams QB was found in a grocery shop all the way back in 1999, that's a game we did NOT want to play again. 

Anyway, he's the most underrated QB in the league in my opinion, especially since Luck retired. He's going to absolutely go off this season. 

19 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Lots of commentary (mostly from Florio and Chris Simms) that Goff isnt worth the money, but I can tell you that Rams fans everywhere are delighted. That's the market rate now, so you either pay that or go back to the QB crapshoot. Given that the last good Rams QB was found in a grocery shop all the way back in 1999, that's a game we did NOT want to play again. 

Anyway, he's the most underrated QB in the league in my opinion, especially since Luck retired. He's going to absolutely go off this season. 

It's like transfer fees in football. Folk are like Maguire isn't worth more than Van Dijk, forgetting that time and fees move on.

I guarantee someone, somewhere is out there saying it's madness Goff is getting more than Rodgers.