NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Duke is a good player but not a bell cow back. If they use him right they've got a great weapon, Duke in the gun and Watson's scrambling is pretty formidable.

Colts are the best team in that division but the Texans have closed the gap

Reading about harder Salary Cap rules from 2020. Gotta think the Cowboys will lose some of their better players.

Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper, Byron Jones all set to be free agents and Zeke Elliott wanting a new deal. Probably others that I've forgotten.

Not sure if DaMarcus Lawrence will want more money?

Let’s be real - he’s not giving up $30m in guaranteed money because he doesn’t like his helmet.

He’s just wanting to make this stage of the season about him again, because that’s what he’s like. And like they did with Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson, the media will lap it up.

On 08/08/2019 at 22:49, Brummie Clyde said:

Reading about harder Salary Cap rules from 2020. Gotta think the Cowboys will lose some of their better players.

Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper, Byron Jones all set to be free agents and Zeke Elliott wanting a new deal. Probably others that I've forgotten.

Not sure if DaMarcus Lawrence will want more money?

Lawrence got paid a few months ago.

I think they have capacity to pay 2 of Dak, Zeke and Cooper. Dak and Cooper are both going into the final year of their deals, Zeke has another 2 years (before any tagging). And it's easier to replace a RB1 than a WR1 or (admittedly average) QB1. Zeke is getting traded if he doesn't put his toys back in the pram, which would also send a message to Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith, LVE, etc.

Of course this could be total bollocks, and they might just pay their best player.

Tom Brady has put his house in New England up for sale. We needn’t worry that he’s hit hard times though. Apparently he still has homes in New York, Montana, California, and Costa Rica. Methinks he has a bob or two.

Antonio Brown fails in his bid to snub the new helmet rules, and wear his old helmet. There is one important thing to take away from this story in my view. That thing is that Antonio Brown is a grade A wankjob of the highest order, and the Raiders organisation should have told him to get a fcuking grip, or get to fcuk. Gruden should kick his arse all the way from Oakland to, erm, Vegas.

It's also one of these stories that probably fills dead air.  I'm sure Brown will play and be productive for the Raiders, no-one is going to care if he had a hissy fit about his helmet in the summer if he plays well.  

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It's also one of these stories that probably fills dead air.  I'm sure Brown will play and be productive for the Raiders, no-one is going to care if he had a hissy fit about his helmet in the summer if he plays well.  

Seems to be truth in the story though. Nothing from Brown or the Raiders says the story was made-up crap. Definitely a wankjob IMHO, however, stupid as it seems, at least it isn’t punching a woman in the face or DUI. 

34 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Seems to be truth in the story though. Nothing from Brown or the Raiders says the story was made-up crap. Definitely a wankjob IMHO, however, stupid as it seems, at least it isn’t punching a woman in the face or DUI. 

Oh he's a complete w****r, absolutely no doubt about it.  I just think that his team will put up with it, especially considering he's their main offensive threat.