NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Rodgers is getting it tight from unnamed sources saying he deliberately changed plays and missed open receivers he didn't like.

Rookie HC in this year, interesting to see how it goes. They're sub .500 in the last 3 years I think I heard!

On 05/04/2019 at 20:23, Fife Saint said:

Rodgers is getting it tight from unnamed sources saying he deliberately changed plays and missed open receivers he didn't like.

Rookie HC in this year, interesting to see how it goes. They're sub .500 in the last 3 years I think I heard!

Just the last 2. In 2017 we lost Rodgers to injury and just couldn't quite hang in there. Last year was a "disaster" season but to be honest it was a poor season but not utterly shite. We were competitive and slim margins, as is always the case in the NFL, weren't on our side. 

The new regime will only be my 2nd, barring last year's caretaker, in charge of the Packers so I'll be interested to see how it goes - hopefully not a complete shambles but I don't think Playoffs will be a gimme as before. 

Packers record over the last three seasons is 23-24-1.

Other NFC North teams in that time span

Lions - 24-24

Bears - 20-28

Vikings - 29-18-1

The thing about the NFL is that teams are always capable of a turnaround though - look at the Browns, who are now one of the most exciting teams in the NFL a season after being historically bad or last season the Jaguars, who probably should have made the Superbowl in 2017 but were abject last season.  Any team can have a big sing, except the Lions, who will draft an interior offensive lineman and go 7-9 or thereabouts.