NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

After 10 years of semi-regular Florida holidays, my path and the Lions finally cross and I'm going to see them at Miami, tickets booked!!![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Anybody been to a Dolphins game before, any advice as to the area???

Ereck Flowers time at the New York Giants is over.  If not traded by 4pm Tuesday he is supposedly  going yo be released.  Shame, always rated him...

... as an awful OT.

Why even try to get a trade? He is rank rotten and a complete bust.

After 10 years of semi-regular Florida holidays, my path and the Lions finally cross and I'm going to see them at Miami, tickets booked!!![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]
Anybody been to a Dolphins game before, any advice as to the area???

Park's way up north and the locale - Miami Gardens - isn't really a place you want to spend much time if you can help it. Public transport in Miami is pish awful and you're well out of range of the Metrorail, so just Uber it if you're not hiring a car there or want to have a beer. I'd *strongly advise* hiring a car in Miami tho, its dirt cheap, although rideshares are plentiful. Be aware if the app comes with a wee disclaimer 'your driver is deaf or hard of hearing', that just means they don't speak English very well. If it's a weeknight game, might be better to pay Fort Lauderdale a visit during the day so you're coming South and won't spend quite as much time sitting in traffic as you would coming up from Miami.

What is it with America and having the stadiums fucking miles away from the city? Santa Clara, MetLife and Gillette come to mind. Took us 4 hours to get back to the city from a giants game at MetLife and at least 2 to get back to Boston from Gillette. Sounds like Miami is the same. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

What is it with America and having the stadiums fucking miles away from the city? Santa Clara, MetLife and Gillette come to mind. Took us 4 hours to get back to the city from a giants game at MetLife and at least 2 to get back to Boston from Gillette. Sounds like Miami is the same. 

Metlife isn't miles away... from New Jersey ;)

Seahawks chairman Paul Allen has died aged 65. Also known for co-founding some company called Microsoft.
Sad news, only 2 weeks since he announced that the cancer had reappeared after 9 years.

Trouble for the Chargers in LA? Word from owners meetings that they are collectively extremely concerned about the long term viability there.

Which of course everyone else could have told them from the start. Hopefully they f**k off back to SD soon.