NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

2 hours ago, RiG said:

More excited for this than the new football season TBH. Looking forward to the 49ers finishing around 4 - 12.

I'm absolutely phsyced for this season.  And maybe it's my stupidity but I don't believe I'll lose it either.  

All three East teams being played against by week 6.  Stoked to see Cousins, who I backed back in 2014, Reed, Jackson has beefed up without losing the pace.  Add in Doctson and the pieces on D with Breeland and Norman with Kerrigan and Smith on the edges.  

So.... yeah, I'm going to be so let down :(

39 minutes ago, steelmen said:

can't wait until next Thursday. Seeing Miller and Wolfe smash Newton time after time.....again.

Just hope the offense can move the ball a bit better this season, i had no finger nails left in most games last season.

Dont hold your breath... :| 

11 minutes ago, steelmen said:

The offence can't be as bad as last year... Although the ol doesn't look that hot

I maintain that Siemian and Lynch are worse than Osweiler and bad Manning...

18 minutes ago, SuperCaleyGoBallistic said:

Chiefs to win the Superbowl, I've decided. They look really strong.

They'll do well if Charles is healthy, he's potentially the best RB in the league when fit. 

Their WR group isn't the best though, and Smith is well Smith, but their D should generate enough turnovers to make the offence productive.

AFC wise the Steelers have to be up there. 

As much as I hate saying it, the Packers have to be NFC favourites, soft schedule and a healthier team than last year. I just don't know how well our O-Line is going to play, so that Wilson isn't constantly having to extend plays with his legs.

6 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

They'll do well if Charles is healthy, he's potentially the best RB in the league when fit. 

Their WR group isn't the best though, and Smith is well Smith, but their D should generate enough turnovers to make the offence productive.

I like Maclin and Travis Kelce is the 2nd best TE in the league. If they can get Chris Conley to step up and be decent, that would be a very good offense.

I like the Chargers too this year on both sides of the ball. I think Rivers doesn't get his due and if he was on a healthier team with a better O Line the last few years he would have won a Super Bowl by now.

I like Maclin and Travis Kelce is the 2nd best TE in the league. If they can get Chris Conley to step up and be decent, that would be a very good offense.

I like the Chargers too this year on both sides of the ball. I think Rivers doesn't get his due and if he was on a healthier team with a better O Line the last few years he would have won a Super Bowl by now.

Rivers was pretty sensational when you consider the fact he pretty much lost everyone to injury. I've got big hopes for Kennan Allen to put up big numbers this year in fantasy

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really don't like him, and I'm only going by what I've seen on hard knocks but he really doesn't seem to look anywhere near ready

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't look ready throwing to those WR's. 

It's ultimately a good thing for Goff to ride the pine until Fisher is sacked and they fix this offense.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really don't like him, and I'm only going by what I've seen on hard knocks but he really doesn't seem to look anywhere near ready

Hes not ready. But Aaron Rodgers wasnt ready in his rookie year either. Nor was Tom Brady, or Tony Romo. Young QBs deserve time to settle, rather than having ridiculous pressure put on them before theyre ready and potentially ruining their career.

watch the Broncos start Paxton Lynch for half of the season and see him flame out because he couldnt call plays in the huddle or read coverage if he had them printed on the centres arse

Hes not ready. But Aaron Rodgers wasnt ready in his rookie year either. Nor was Tom Brady, or Tony Romo. Young QBs deserve time to settle, rather than having ridiculous pressure put on them before theyre ready and potentially ruining their career.

watch the Broncos start Paxton Lynch for half of the season and see him flame out because he couldnt call plays in the huddle or read coverage if he had them printed on the centres arse

Was just meaning that I wasn't surprised in regards to him being 3rd string QB. When I said I didn't like him I meant just him as a person, find the guy really annoying.

8 hours ago, Stewbo said:

Sitting a QB is not a problem and usually a smart idea. But this scenario is nothing like the ones you mentioned.  Rodgers wasn't overall number 1 pick, Brady was a sixth and Romo UDFA.  

All those QBs also sat behind some very good QBs, not behind a back up QB who has been forced to play starter. 

Nor did any of those QBs also never cost an arm and a leg to pick.  

This is a disaster for the Rams, as they have to many positions too fill to be sitting with there 2 first round pick QB in sweats.  

Edited by Antiochas III