Total war series

Kujabi_Kujabyou

Empire's alright actually. It's the first one I bought and you can download mods that let you play as every single available nation which extends the game somewhat as there are loads of nations available. Campaign map's been updated and looks much different to Rome and Medieval but it's still good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of Empire recently, started a campaign as Great Britain the other night.

Looking forward to Rome 2, but I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to handle it :/

I've been playing a lot of Empire recently, started a campaign as Great Britain the other night.

Looking forward to Rome 2, but I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to handle it :/

My laptop struggled with the video :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased on Steam 10 minutes ago, for £30, with the Greek States Culture Pack included, meaning there's extra playable factions from the start. Not that I'll be starting outside Rome. Currently at 8.2%, got recommended to pre-load this as it's fucking massive and takes forever to download, glad I did it now because if I was waiting to play it while it downloaded I'd be going mad

My laptop copes with this, just. Unbelievable joy. Just a quick tip to anyone, the Prologue bit to teach you starts with a battle, just goes straight into it. And it's a big fucker that took me over 2 hours to finish. So don't, like me, start it at 10 at night when you've got to get up early the next day :lol:

Inflicted with the blue screen of death, and being offshore meaning i can't download the new patch have meant i've barerly touched it.

Bit disappointed that they released DLC on the first day, but didn't have the game fully working.

Absolutely gutted, as it was my plan to spend any downtime playing it.

It's been savaged on Metacritic what's the story?

I paid for COH2 early in the year and it was a dog and I just went back to the old one, is it going to be the same story here? Rome Total War is still a lot of fun with the Roma Surrectum II mod.

It's been savaged on Metacritic what's the story?

Its far, far, far too huge really. All the wee things they've tried to squeeze into this huge expanse of map is too much, and when you end your turn you end up sitting for actual minutes waiting on the never ending list of nations completing their moves. There's reviewers with £2,000 laptops whos laptops struggle at times. Theres also a lot of bugs

Best description I heard was when someone compared it the Roman Empire. A massive swarming beast of activity, that leaves people in utter awe at the scale of it, yet ultimately unstable with a raft of problems that will lead to its demise. Although even the collapse will be utterly beautiful

I, personally, struggle to play it as my laptop isn't good enough. And it sort of ruins the whole experience when it takes a few minutes to get through AI moves, another few minutes moving around the map and then a few clicks before you can actually select things. Although I went through an hour or so where it was flawless, and was in genuine disbelief at quite how much they've got into this game and at the scale they have. Anyway I believe a lot of people might be getting similar frustrations and it makes me a bit sad that the game was released when the average computer commits suicide when it sees it, if it was released when the average computer could cope with it then it would possibly top the original, as the sheer size of map, and the endless list of options and paths means it would be incredibly re-playable. In fact it makes me very sad, as it might tarnish the reputation of the Total War games as first time players won't understand quite how far they've tried to reach with this game.

It'll still be an in-depth game, and one of the largest, in 5-10 years time, which I guess is the best summary. As it's not really a game for the present, more for the future. I wouldn't buy it if you werent sure you could run it to a reasonable standard to be honest, it'll just make you feel a bit empty