Total war series

Kujabi_Kujabyou

Anyone played the Lord Of The Rings version?

Yes. Very very good but super difficult not to get humped in about 10 turns if you go the good guys. Evil races are a piece of piss.

I like Total War and I like Warhammer. I very much want that game.

Yes. Very very good but super difficult not to get humped in about 10 turns if you go the good guys. Evil races are a piece of piss.

I like Total War and I like Warhammer. I very much want that game.

I take it that the alliances are fixed in the LOTR version?

I take it that the alliances are fixed in the LOTR version?

Not strictly. You can play as Isengaard and start a war against Mordor for instance. You just can't win unless you have the ring. Which I have seen with Frodo moving around the map but have never actually found!

• 1 year later...

I'm going to be doing some Twitch Streams for Medieval II Campaign with Denmark. Here: www.twitch.tv/alexmarr14

Dane's are a great faction - played a few long campaigns with them as they have so many options for expanding - destroy Norway, attack UK, Attack Orthodox folk along the baltic with zero pope penalties and eventually the inevitable fight with HRE.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Gone back to these games lately, Medieval 2 the game of choice as I'm burnt out of the Rome games still.

Started as Scotland, first move was obviously chucking everything at London while they're still weak, successfully forced the English off the (now Scottish) British Isles.

Managed to get a foothold in Europe too, taking Bruges and Antwerp.

Probably shouldve stopped there, dealt with the English who had two cities to my West and were also fighting the French, and got rid of one enemy, but a succession of cities owned by rebels drew me in, and I ended up halfway down with the top row of France, top row of Germany, and a couple straight down the middle. 

Lack of money, and a couple of lost battles, and the shit hit the fan as I got attacked almost simultaneously on all sides. Milan from the South, the HRE from the East, Denmark from the North, then a revitalised England from the West. Managed to use my UK forces to beat back England and Denmark, with catastrophic losses for us all. Spain then tried to invade Wales, but thankfully I saw early enough to attack them at sea. We lost the battle but their army landed with about 6 blokes left so guess it worked.

Totally shitebagged the HRE/Milan stuff though, simply marched my armies out of Germany, destroyed every building in the cities I left deserted, and went straight into Denmark.

Danes are now stranded in Russia with one city left, so a decent navy should see me safe from them. Milan now don't share a border with me so they're gone.

HRE have seemingly maxed out as they've tried to attack me a few times since but with pitiful forces, I allied with Poland who seem to help out. England are ragdolling the French to a degree, so I'll probably go for them next, but happy to consolidate a bit now.

I've got gunpowder units now too, and haven't met anyone with them yet. Successfully obliterated a far larger army simply by situating myself on top of a hill and shelling the b*****ds as they climbed up it.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Gaul, more men and auto resolve told me I had 0% chance of winning.

They charged right down a street towards my army, only to find the other half were coming up behind them.

A genuine fucking massacre.

20200927_005851.thumb.jpg.be706cb0fe4163a61e8ddcb241f88d5a.jpg

• 6 months later...

Not seen it mentioned here yet, but they've remastered Rome:Total War, and its released at the end of the month.

~£12 if you have the original in your Steam Library.

HYPE.