Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe so......but if...and I mean a BIG "if" we win the League Cup are Hearts fans going to wynd their necks in about it being a "wee" Cup ?

It will still be the wee cup. But I'll be delighted if we can win it. ;)

Some twitter chat about danny wilson being ineligible yesterday?

See the last page. Non-story.

So what you're saying is that we can't fill out an allocation.

If you could definitely fill half, then excellent. But I think St. Mirren will agree to 18,000 tickets if offered. It would be a shambles if you requested half and the entire north stand was practically empty like the Dundee v Rangers Scottish Cup final from 2003. In our 2005 Scottish Cup semi-final with Celtic we also requested half but there were big gaps in our support. In last seasons semi-final against them however, our support was grouped together and it made for a much better atmosphere.

Other way round - surely we'll get the west stand?

Hearts are the ideal opponents for us. They'll be favourites and we'll be underdogs so there's no pressure on us, but it's a winnable tie. Hopefully the fact neither of the Bigot Brothers are involved will bring out more than we had three years ago.

Haven't you heard of the "proddy league" shite or whatever it is? :rolleyes:

Something like, Rangers and Hearts always get the west side and Celtic and Hibs always get the east side. :lol:

It's probably a load of pish but it is rather weird that the above is always the case. It also has nothing to do with who is the "home" team. :unsure:

No.

There should be the opportunity for a 50-50 split.

I think it's almost a guarantee that the allocations will be the same as what Hibs and Kilmarnock had for the 2007 final, except Hearts will have the west side and St. Mirren will have the east side.

I thought Hampden only had 40,000 due to upgrades being made for the Commonwealth Games.

Not right now. That's next season.

Good point.

Another question, is the thread title correct. Are Hearts the "home team" in this game?

It is, yeah.

The ticket split should be 50/50 and St Mirren should be given a chance to sell their allocation, if it turns out that they can't then sections of tickets can be sent to Hearts to shift to ensure a full house. It doesn't matter if we get much larger crowds than St Mirren, no side should be given an advantage in a cup final.

Here's a wee pic I pinched off Facebook, god I love a final when there no bigot brothers polluting it, let's turn it into a top day out!

555328_10151492218793646_1806538889_n.jpg

The ticket split should be 50/50 and St Mirren should be given a chance to sell their allocation, if it turns out that they can't then sections of tickets can be sent to Hearts to shift to ensure a full house. It doesn't matter if we get much larger crowds than St Mirren, no side should be given an advantage in a cup final.

Money talks, though. We shouldn't have had a "home" game against Caley, but we did because of that very reason.

Edit: Great image by the way! :D

Verge of tears? Why would I care about the St Mirren v Celtic game :lol:

It's so funny how easy the Hearts fans on here get wound up, Sally Lucas is absolutely seething.

Given your nightmare on the Leigh Griffiths thread I'm surprised you can even think of accusing others for being wound up. laugh.gif

Money talks, though. We shouldn't have had a "home" game against Caley, but we did because of that very reason.

Edit: Great image by the way! :D

Sadly you're probably correct mate, I said to a few ICT fans that I felt it was unfair of them to have to travel all the way down to Edinburgh, but they didn't seem to mind.

I think St Mirren should be given the chance of selling half of the tickets. Would be great if they could sell them all and have a full, half Jambo, half Buddie, Hampden.

Here's a wee pic I pinched off Facebook, god I love a final when there no bigot brothers polluting it, let's turn it into a top day out!

555328_10151492218793646_1806538889_n.jpg

I don't disagree with this actually.......I'd also say this if Hearts were playing Celtic in the Final.

would hate to see empty seats at the Final though :-(

Hearts should get the west and north. St Mirren should get the east and half the south with first option of tickets in the remaining half should they shift all the tickets. If not then we can put them up for our own support.

18k will be more than enough for us I would think we will sell around 15k

who knows really. a good run of form in the next month etc could have a big impact in attendance.

Doesnt really bother me what the split is, but would to think Saints would be given the opportunity to go 50/50. Leaving the sections nearest the Hearts fan til the end. If we aren't gonna sell them give them to Hearts. Wouldn't want any Saints fan not to get to go because we agreed to a set amount and then filled it.

Both teams will get half of south that is a given. Why do Hearts fans think they will get West and not East?

The games I can remember at Hampden, we've had the West stand. Cup Final last season we had West/Half North/Half South, Semi Final we had West/Half South, Gretna final we had West/Half South/North/Half East and the Hibs semi that year was the same as last year's cup final. Only exception I can think of is the semi-final against Rangers a few years back when I think we had part of the south and some of the east? I wasn't there so could be wrong.

Anyone know if a league red card would suspend a player from a league cup match the next week?

Depends what the red card is for. If it's for violent conduct, serious foul play or spitting, then he would miss the final. If it's for two yellow cards or denying a goalscoring opportunity then he would miss the next league game.

Archived