Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

Tapping is good at making space and keeping the short simple passes moving. It won't help us in this game if we're looking to punt it to our two strikerse.

JamboMikey is correct with Holt. I'd go as far to say we should be looking to build the team around him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Novikovas was shite in the derby, just as he was shite at St Mirren the last time we played them ( was hooked at half time). His heart doesn't just look in it. Walker in front of him all day long for me.

Agreed 100%

McDonald

McKay Captain Webster Wilson McHattie

Holt Stevenson Barr Walker

Sutton Big Mickey

Febuary was our worst month of the season with a team full of graduates from the academy we were losing 2.6 goals a game.

Before this we were losing under a goal a game.

We have lost only 0.6 goals a game this month. Academy graduates no longer fill up the team.

We are going to hit form at the right time.

I'd agree with Hearts Daft's team.

As for the Holt/Tapping debate: I'm sure they're both going to turn out fantastic, as long as we don't ruin them like we did with Eggy. Although there's more chance of Paterson getting shunted around like Eggy than Holt or Tapping.

The game will be won by the team whos heart is in it. Two evenly matched teams, with only a point in between them.

Also, some very good leaders in both teams, who'll no doubt be key.

I feel St.Mirren will win though. Many players have experienced the heart ache of 2010, and will not want to experience it again. That, factored in with the strong voices in the dressing room of Thompson, Teale, Goodwin and Samson could push us onto victory. These said 4 players will have to be on the ballon sunday.

As for hearts, they have a good few players in that squad. One player saints know all to well is Sutton. Him and Ngoo could cause us real problems. Novikovas also has good pace, and Barr, when on top form, is hard to play against.

I'm going St.Mirren 2-0 Hearts.

:lol: :lol:

:blink:

S'on the bbc. I've got the fear that saints are going to play brilliantly on Sunday and rule the pitch but somehow contrive to throw the final away to a club that has overreached themselves by spending money they don't have and who, despite winning a good few trophies off the back of this flawed business plan, will die a slow and painful financial death.

Aye, Hearts have really got ourselves to this final by spending money we don't have. :lol:

About half our squad who played in the semi-final came through our academy and it will be the same in the final. Cretin. :lol:

Oh, and we're in no worse a financial state now than we were before Romanov bought us, except we're two more Scottish Cups as well as a few good league placings and European trips to the good. 8)

Sound familiar?

No.

Darren Barr should be nowhere near RB. It'll be a disaster. He needs to be in midfield.

I can't see McKay being given his full debut in a cup final and it's not even his natural position. McGowan played terrible there against Motherwell and is still battling for fitness too.

Barr will be picked as the best out of a 'bad' bunch me thinks, as either Holt or Tapping will play in the middle with Taouil, with Stevenson on the right and either Walker or Novikovas on the left.

Jason Holt is by far our best prospect by the way.

Aye, Hearts have really got ourselves to this final by spending money we don't have. :lol:

I seem to remember business savvy such as not being able to pay players on time being remedied by signing more players. Was that not the case with John Sutton and Craig Beattie? Could be wrong.

Although I am clearly jealous of your team's success, all I'm saying is that I reserve the right to take the huff if we lose on Sunday. Hardly 'cretinous' behaviour I would've thought?

Anyway, don't call me names or I might have to go and tell ma mammy (and yes I have met her before).

:blink:

About half our squad who played in the semi-final came through our academy and it will be the same in the final. Cretin. :lol:

Oh, and we're in no worse a financial state now than we were before Romanov bought us, except we're two more Scottish Cups as well as a few good league placings and European trips to the good. 8)

No.

I can't see McKay being given his full debut in a cup final and it's not even his natural position. McGowan played terrible there against Motherwell and is still battling for fitness too.

Barr will be picked as the best out of a 'bad' bunch me thinks, as either Holt or Tapping will play in the middle with Taouil, with Stevenson on the right and either Walker or Novikovas on the left.

Jason Holt is by far our best prospect by the way.

Jason Holt is touted as our biggest prospect. Right now, Callum Tapping is a better footballer due to him being quite a length ahead in decision making. If Darren Barr starts at RB then we may as well give St. Mirren the Trophy now. That is actually how bad a move that would be. It would instantly weaken both our midfield and defence in one decision.

S'on the bbc.

I've got the fear that saints are going to play brilliantly on Sunday and rule the pitch but somehow contrive to throw the final away to a club that has overreached themselves by spending money they don't have and who, despite winning a good few trophies off the back of this flawed business plan, will die a slow and painful financial death.

Players that have played for Hearts in this league cup run: MacDonald (Played in the youth teams), McGowan (Youth product), Holt (Youth product), Tapping (Youth Product), Driver (youth product), Mullen (Youth Product), Walker (Youth Product), Robinson (Youth Product), Paterson (Youth Product), Novikovas (Youth Product), Carrick (Youth Product);

The only players who didn't come through Hearts Youth system to get us to this final were: Darren Barr, John Sutton, Andrew Webster, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Ryan Stevenson and Medhi Taouil who were all free agents. Then 2 loan players who we're paying a pittance in Ngoo and Wilson.

Hardly "Overreaching by means of overspending" but you bash on.

I seem to remember business savvy such as not being able to pay players on time being remedied by signing more players. Was that not the case with John Sutton and Craig Beattie? Could be wrong. Although I am clearly jealous of your team's success, all I'm saying is that I reserve the right to take the huff if we lose on Sunday. Hardly 'cretinous' behaviour I would've thought? Anyway, don't call me names or I might have to go and tell ma mammy (and yes I have met her before).

Seeing as many older Hearts supporters went through a lot of near-misses from the mid '60s until the late '90s, I think they deserve to enjoy a bit of relative success. Folk my age who never went through the pain of 1986 etc don't really know how lucky they are, which is why I try to appreciate right now as much as I can, even with our off-field problems.

I'm pretty sure we signed Craig Beattie because of our progression in last season's Scottish Cup and he was given a lump sum out of the prize-money for reaching the quarter-finals.

Jason Holt is touted as our biggest prospect. Right now, Callum Tapping is a better footballer due to him being quite a length ahead in decision making. If Darren Barr starts at RB then we may as well give St. Mirren the Trophy now. That is actually how bad a move that would be. It would instantly weaken both our midfield and defence in one decision.

Hibs played five in midfield on Sunday and we never had Barr there. I'd prefer him to play in front of Webster and Wilson as well don't get me wrong, but I just can't see anyone other than Taouil and Tapping/Holt in the centre.

It's either Barr at right back, a laddy making his full debut out of position in a cup final, or someone else with not much experience playing out of position who has been battling for fitness and not exactly played well there either. It's a tough call for Locke and Murray to make.

As for Tapping - he is a good prospect but he is being vastly overrated by some of our supporters already.

Reading through this thread has made my stomach flip. Really nervous now, really excited about Sunday. I fear I could make very poor company on Saturday night.

I'd play the same team as the semi for Saints, but with Dummet on for Carey. Very harsh on the lad, but I'd give him at least 35 minutes if we're not winning.

Oh, and we're in no worse a financial state now than we were before Romanov bought us, .

Except that you've spunked away the £9 million you received for Craig Gordon, as well as other transfer monies, which, if you'd been owned by someone who genuinely cared for your club could have been used to guarantee it's long term future

Archived