Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

It's only just hit me how close the final is now. I had put it to the back of my mind but now it's well and truly there all day. I'm having these weird dreams where I've missed the final, or going to be late for it. It's ridiculous. I had one two nights ago where I had bought 10 tickets to try and sell to people. I had tried to sell them to Thomas Reilly but he was already sorted. It was so vivid that I actually checked by smfctickets account the next morning to see if I'd forked out £417 (the arithmetic didn't exactly correspond in the dream).

I'm trying not to think about Sunday because the butterflies start and I start picturing us not only lifting the cup, but losing in sickening style. I'm very anxious but very excited in equal measure. Cannot wait though. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Parkin will be in a suit because Guy offers more as a sub coming on against a tiring defence. I think Jon Robertson will be in a suit because Dougie Imrie offers more than he does, and can play in a few different positions. I think Kenny McLean will be in a suit because frankly he has been gash in recent appearances. We'll need Adam - tempting fate if we don't. It would be so typically St Mirren. Don't name a keeper and the ginger ninja gets hurt. We'll need Barron because if ANY of our defenders go down injured, he can do a job.

That's Adam, Barron, Guy, and Imrie for certain in my opinion. The fifth sub will be Carey / Dummett, depending on Danny's thinking regarding the starting XI.

The possibly fractious one would be if Danny puts Dougie Imrie in a suit, gives McLean a spot, and McLean comes on and performs like a big dis-interested jessie again.

I doubt Barron will feature on Sunday. He was still on crutches and wearing one of they fancy boot things...none of the NHS stookie pish for our boys obviously!

I doubt Barron will feature on Sunday. He was still on crutches and wearing one of they fancy boot things...none of the NHS stookie pish for our boys obviously!

Forgot he wasn't fit. Defence is where we don't want an injury then. We're OK if DVZ-Goodwin-McAusland-Carey/Dummett all last the 90 minutes. If Barron isn't available, then my bench would be Adam, Imrie, Guy, McLean, Carey/Dummett.

Barron's injury gives McLean a chance. McLean can be a match winner too.

Forgot he wasn't fit. Defence is where we don't want an injury then. We're OK if DVZ-Goodwin-McAusland-Carey/Dummett all last the 90 minutes. If Barron isn't available, then my bench would be Adam, Imrie, Guy, McLean, Carey/Dummett.

I think i'd rather see Mair (if fit) there at the expense of either Imrie or McLean. Goodwins first game back could see him tire or it could also allow us to push him forward in to midfield if needed.

This. I don't want to see McLean and Newton both on the pitch at the same time. In the last game they played together you could've barrel-rolled a P&O cruise ship between them, there was that much of a space. I think it would be wise to bring McLean on for Newton at about 60 minutes to give us something different. I'm not sure how others would feel about this though.

I'd like to add that I've just realised I feel totally at ease with McAusland as our main man in defence. I used to pretty much shit myself any time he was near the ball, but he's been absolutely brilliant recently and was my man of the match on Saturday against Dundee United. Here's hoping he's as assured on Sunday and helps us to a clean sheet.

I see the Frank McGarvey and Albert Kidd shouts are getting ever louder as we get nearer the final :lol:

I do hope Frank McGarvey has a pre-match prediction saying there's no chance we'll win. That worked a treat in the semi.

I'd go with the semi-final team in the final, the only change being Dummett for Goodwin if he isn't fit. Seriously doubt either Barron or Mair will make it.

As for subs? Adam, Guy, Parkin, McLean and Dummett or AN Other if Dummett ends up starting.

I'm in the same boat as PS. If we win it will be amazing and I'll be delighted but winning would never top the celebrations and sheer elation of the Scottish Cup, just as I would of been far more gutted losing that final that I will this. I honestly have no idea how this will go. A lot of times we have played StMirren in bigger games they have come at us all guns blazing and generally done well ( semi a few years back and cup game at Tynie last season). Pressure that they won't be used too might prove too much but hey its all to play for. Do the Buddies think Carey will start? Lennon has a habit of playing him against us and more often than not he scores. Being a Paisley boy myself has definitely added a nice spice to it though!C'mon the JTs :D

That's the great thing about the wee cup

Ties are competitive enough to be dramatic and entertaining but it's not that important so watching it is a lot more relaxing and enjoyable.

I think this can sometimes filter through to the players. During the Livingston tie in the early rounds I saw somebody take a throw in from roughly where the ball went out. You never see that in the SPL

Can't wait for this now, planning multiple scenarios through in my head, contemplating a losing situation is utterly horrific.

What's the story with pubs around the ground? Not part of any supporters club so it would be a turn up and try our luck job. Went to Church on the Hill last year and got in no bother but with both sets of fans using it this time I'd expect it to be a bit busier. Standing outside with a beer in the freezing cold doesn't sound the same as enjoying a cold one in the fairly warm May sunshine as well. :lol:

Carey carries a goal threat from free kicks, and supplies quality crosses for Thompson / Goncalves / McAusland to attack. In short, Carey could be a match winner, Dummett simply isn't. This time, I think Carey will start ahead of Dummett. I hope Danny starts with the semi final team anyway..

I suspect I'll be my own on this one but Dummett should start ahead of Carey for me. As far as I'm aware Carey hasn't scored a free kick since the one in the 2-2 draw at Tynecastle just over a year ago and consistently blooters 90% of them into the stand, so I wouldn't say he's a goal threat from them any more. Dummett has in fact scored more goals than Carey this season due to his direct runs off the ball, and is a far better full-back overall in my opinion.

Carey and McLean (if he's interested) would be terrific options to have from the bench.

We have been given an extra 2,400 tickets in Sections B7 and B8 of the West Stand:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130312/2400-extra-cup-final-briefs_2241384_3106396

St. Mirren must surely be getting Sections B5 and B6 then, and I reckon the segregation will be at the edge of B6.

I suspect I'll be my own on this one but Dummett should start ahead of Carey for me. As far as I'm aware Carey hasn't scored a free kick since the one in the 2-2 draw at Tynecastle just over a year ago and consistently blooters 90% of them into the stand, so I wouldn't say he's a goal threat from them any more. Dummett has in fact scored more goals than Carey this season due to his direct runs off the ball, and is a far better full-back overall in my opinion.

Carey and McLean (if he's interested) would be terrific options to have from the bench.

^^^ totally clueless

Even Roberto Carlos only had a 1/15 success rate scoring direct free kicks.

Lennon has left Carey out of many of his line ups this season and forced him to take short free kicks on many occasions.

Graham Carey IS a threat from set plays.

Can't wait for this now, planning multiple scenarios through in my head, contemplating a losing situation is utterly horrific.

What's the story with pubs around the ground? Not part of any supporters club so it would be a turn up and try our luck job. Went to Church on the Hill last year and got in no bother but with both sets of fans using it this time I'd expect it to be a bit busier. Standing outside with a beer in the freezing cold doesn't sound the same as enjoying a cold one in the fairly warm May sunshine as well. :lol:

Quite a few Hearts buses are heading for the Church on the hill - if that's too busy try the Ivory hotel just down the road from it (away from hampden). Went there for the final in May, decent boozer

^^^ totally clueless

Even Roberto Carlos only had a 1/15 success rate scoring direct free kicks.

Lennon has left Carey out of many of his line ups this season and forced him to take short free kicks on many occasions.

Graham Carey IS a threat from set plays.

Carey doesn't even get 1/15 on target.

Stick to your Gus fetish material in the future, this effort was quite poor.

Quite a few Hearts buses are heading for the Church on the hill - if that's too busy try the Ivory hotel just down the road from it (away from hampden). Went there for the final in May, decent boozer

I'm given to understand that a lot of Saints fans are heading there, tables booked etc.

We have been given an extra 2,400 tickets in Sections B7 and B8 of the West Stand:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130312/2400-extra-cup-final-briefs_2241384_3106396

St. Mirren must surely be getting Sections B5 and B6 then, and I reckon the segregation will be at the edge of B6.

It's on our website that we have now been given 600 West Stand tickets, and the SFL statement tries to say that they left no stone unturned to reach a satisfactory outcome for all parties.

Twats - it was a monumental fcuk up entirely of their own making, which has seen St Mirren fans who wanted to buy tickets in this final week be forced into paying £30 for adults and £30 for kids - because the SFLs way too hasty decision to divert 3500 West Stand seats to Hearts made them think this was now their only option. Having forked out on these tickets, now they see 600 cheaper briefs 'coming back' to St Mirren.

Complete and utter incompetence - they should at least have the decency to admit they made a cnut of it.

Apart from that it should be ok. They are the second worst team in the league.

:lol:

They're only a point behind us and they have a game in hand.

As I've said before, this match will be won by the team who wants it the most on the day.

Archived