Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

Both sets of fans will go to Hampden thinking they can win the cup thankfully it wont be going to any of the ugly sisters from the dark side. We are now at full strength with Mair and Goodwin fit.

Saints are up to 16,000 tickets sold. If we could even get near half that on a regular basis it would go some way to helping the club progress. Sadly I have supported Saints long enough to know most wont be back until the next Hampden trip still a few hundred might come along for the rest of the season.

So whats the agenda on Sunday. Train from Lochwinnoch at 11.00am to Glasgow central. Take the short walk to the Horseshoe bar where we will meet up with a couple of my work mates who want to go the game. 1pm the short train trip to Mount Florida and make our way to the church at the top of the hill for a couple of more drinks.

Hopefully we will all be going back to Paisley for a party to remember. If we lose it's back to Lochwinnoch.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's our version... :P

attachicon.gifRELAX.jpg

That's got to go into production.

Regarding the Hearts t shirt, i agree with it. Hearts fans and players should relax, it is only us after all. What with them being Scottish Cup holders and having such experience within their ranks Sunday should be a cake walk for them.

I'm sure Hearts fans are looking forward to their club holding both domestic trophies at the club at one time. That will make for some fantastic photo opportunities.

As for us, we have done fantastically well to get this far. Our fans and players can relax and go and enjoy their day on Sunday without the burden of pressure and expectation.

Except that you've spunked away the £9 million you received for Craig Gordon, as well as other transfer monies, which, if you'd been owned by someone who genuinely cared for your club could have been used to guarantee it's long term future

Indeed. That doesn't change what I said though, does it? 8)

I would make St Mirren slight favourites,we have picked up a wee bit in the last 2 or 3 games but i wouldn't make us favourites to beat anyone at the moment,even Hibs.

I would make St Mirren slight favourites,we have picked up a wee bit in the last 2 or 3 games but i wouldn't make us favourites to beat anyone at the moment,even Hibs.

Hearts will rightly be favourites going into this one for a number of reasons.

Billy Hill have us at 6/4 and St. Mirren at 15/8. We're 4/7 to lift the cup outright, they're 5/4.

That's got to go into production.

Regarding the Hearts t shirt, i agree with it. Hearts fans and players should relax, it is only us after all. What with them being Scottish Cup holders and having such experience within their ranks Sunday should be a cake walk for them.

I'm sure Hearts fans are looking forward to their club holding both domestic trophies at the club at one time. That will make for some fantastic photo opportunities.

As for us, we have done fantastically well to get this far. Our fans and players can relax and go and enjoy their day on Sunday without the burden of pressure and expectation.

I disagree I think players and fans alike will go to hampden on Sunday full of expectation. This is a great opportunity for the saints to lift their first trophey in 25 years. I for one won't just be happy we got their in the first place, we need to finish the job on Sunday.

Ok, so the majority of either side would rather not be regarded as favourites. Can we agree on it being a draw, extra time, and the lottery of penalties deciding it?... :P 11/8 for St. Mirren to lift the cup is a fantastic bet IMO.

I'll be honest i believe if both teams played to their maximum potential i reckon St.Mirren are better than Hearts.

The problem is we don't perform like the way we did against Celtic enough. Its frustrating.

Hearts as a club are used to these occasions we aren't. We average a major cup final once every 15 years.

I believe its 50/50. It will be decided by a horrific mistake or a moment of magic. Maybe even penalties.

I'll be honest i believe if both teams played to their maximum potential i reckon St.Mirren are better than Hearts.

The problem is we don't perform like the way we did against Celtic enough. Its frustrating.

Hearts as a club are used to these occasions we aren't. We average a major cup final once every 15 years.

I believe its 50/50. It will be decided by a horrific mistake or a moment of magic. Maybe even penalties.

It'll be decided by Steven Thompson sticking the ball in their net.

That Hearts cup final song is the biggest pile of pash I've ever heard http://www.bighearts.org.uk/ you'll all need the ear plugs in at half time. :lol: Anyway hope everyone enjoys their day on Sunday. Naturally I hope St.Mirren win but providing I'm not playing football I'll be watching hoping for a good game.

We didn't even have a cup final song when we annihilated your team in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time. Just goes to show you eh!?

That Hearts cup final song is the biggest pile of pash I've ever heard http://www.bighearts.org.uk/ you'll all need the ear plugs in at half time. :lol: Anyway hope everyone enjoys their day on Sunday. Naturally I hope St.Mirren win but providing I'm not playing football I'll be watching hoping for a good game.

In fairness, it was made by a bunch of kids. But it is indeed terrible, although so is every effort at reproducing our great anthem, bar the '86 one.

I noticed there seems to have been some abuse being dished out on Facebook/Twitter last night because of that song. Proper abuse - and from Hearts fans - to the extent the link had to be taken down.

Anyone want to guess who Bet365 have at the shortest odds for their goalscorer bets? Sutton? Thompson? Ngoo? Goncalves? Nup, you're way off. It's Sam Parkin :huh: You can also back Andrew Driver at the bargain price of 11/1.

I noticed there seems to have been some abuse being dished out on Facebook/Twitter last night because of that song. Proper abuse - and from Hearts fans - to the extent the link had to be taken down.

Anyone want to guess who Bet365 have at the shortest odds for their goalscorer bets? Sutton? Thompson? Ngoo? Goncalves? Nup, you're way off. It's Sam Parkin :huh: You can also back Andrew Driver at the bargain price of 11/1.

Some Hearts fans are feeling a wee bit shan about this now - some of them are as bullish as ever, and are still slating the track - it's a bit of fun, ffs!

Parkin had a great scoring record at Swindon, if I mind right?

He let slip on Off The Bawl recently that Levein (?) tried to sign him for Hearts.

Some Hearts fans are feeling a wee bit shan about this now - some of them are as bullish as ever, and are still slating the track - it's a bit of fun, ffs!

Parkin had a great scoring record at Swindon, if I mind right?

He let slip on Off The Bawl recently that Levein (?) tried to sign him for Hearts.

My surprise has got nothing to do with his goalscoring record, more the fact he almost certainly won't be starting the game. He sure as hell shouldn't be the favourite!

I don't even think Parkin will be in the squad, with Mair turning out in tonight's U20 game, I think our bench will be Adam, Imrie, Mair, Guy and whichever one of Dummett / Carey isn't in the first XI. Kenny McLean isn't even on my bench, and David Barron's actual fitness is unknown. I reckon Parkin has no chance.

Archived