PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just windin you up m8, thought it would been obvious XD

My bad. I'm not reacting well to anything just now, all tense playing the new Alien: Isolation which I think may defeat my original point anyways!

Spelunky is one of my all-time faves.

Getting back into this again. Great game.

Hopefully it now gets the audience it deserves (I have my doubts though).

Anyone else doing the Daily Challenges?

Getting back into this again. Great game.

Hopefully it now gets the audience it deserves (I have my doubts though).

Anyone else doing the Daily Challenges?

Add me: erniewhatbert. I haven't played much since the PS4 release, but I try to squeeze a game in now and then.

I once scored over $1.1m in the daily but it didn't register on the board. PSN really sucks sometimes.

A mate bought a PS4 at the weekend and is "on the verge of tears". He's found that he can't use the USB port to watch uhm "borrowed" tv programmes he has saved on a flash drive.

Now obviously he should have done his research before buying but he's not happy. I see rumours on Google that Sony are going to release a patch to fix this but nothing concrete. Has anyone seen or read anything?

Hopefully you guys can help me out here.

Thinking of getting an Xbox One (reason instead of PS4 is majority of my friends own one to play FIFA on and talk to as we are spread all over the country),but am I correct in assuming you get free games every month still to download?

I'm thinking of getting on for my flat's front room as I have a 360 in mine and loads of games still to play, but thinking of using it as a social tool as it plays blu rays as well? Is that correct? Also, I guess the games to download are a bit more simple, which is fine.

Yeah, you can download free games with the Xbox One...but I think you need to have an Xbox Live Gold membership (you'd be as well subscribing to it anyway as I think you need it to join online multiplayer games).

It also has a blu ray player.

Again, I never said it received exclusives, there's a difference between the console being supported and receiving exclusives. The PS1 still received some great games that were also on the PS2. This current generation hasn't seen a truly great game yet, the last great game was LoU which was a PS3 game, I personally don't count its remastering as it is essentially the same game. Yet this generation has been going for almost a year now. Poor effort so far in my opinion.

No no I specified exclusives, because that was essentially the point of contention. Previous console generations havent been properly supported for more than 5 years. I dont consider inferior ports of current gen games to be actual support, its only support when its a platform exclusive or a game has been developed for that generation but upres'd for next gen also.

A mate bought a PS4 at the weekend and is "on the verge of tears". He's found that he can't use the USB port to watch uhm "borrowed" tv programmes he has saved on a flash drive.

Now obviously he should have done his research before buying but he's not happy. I see rumours on Google that Sony are going to release a patch to fix this but nothing concrete. Has anyone seen or read anything?

You can still get standard definition ones I believe in the right file format. The PS4 doesnt currently allow for MKV files to be played (the standard for torrented video) but should still do .avi and .mp4 and all of those industry standard files alright

Thanks for the feedback and comments on here. In thought, any guesses as to if they will lower the prices of the Xbox One again in the run up to Christmas?

If they don't lower the prices for Christmas then I'd imagine they'd have more appealing bundles out. I'd hope that a lot of the games that are coming out just now will cost a bit less too.

As for Xbox Live Gold, I got a free pass for a month, but I'd also bought a year's subscription. It wasn't too expensive...still would prefer it to be free mind you.

You can still get standard definition ones I believe in the right file format. The PS4 doesnt currently allow for MKV files to be played (the standard for torrented video) but should still do .avi and .mp4 and all of those industry standard files alright

Interesting, I'll mention that to him tomorrow. Thanks.

After some help quick lads! For whatever reason (probably my own fault) the inside of the ps4 controller, the port where the charger goes in, is broke! Anyone know where I can get a new one of these ports rather than shelling out for a new controller! I've looked on amazon as that's my preferred place to buy for quick delivery and ease but when I type in 'ps4 controller charging port' it comes up with like charging docks and stuff. What should I be typing in?

Xbox One

Lol, are they still making those?!

How do you know the port isn't working KillieSquirrel? Is it just not charging or does the PS4 say its fcuked? If it's the former, try using a paperclip and sticking it in the port to hook out fluff or dust etc. I did that with a phone and couldn't believe the amount of fluff that came out.

Lol, are they still making those?!

How do you know the port isn't working KillieSquirrel? Is it just not charging or does the PS4 say its fcuked? If it's the former, try using a paperclip and sticking it in the port to hook out fluff or dust etc. I did that with a phone and couldn't believe the amount of fluff that came out.

The metal thing In the middle is mangled :(

Archived