PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else finding the fan on the PS4 seems to constantly be on, it's pretty annoying and I'm beginning to think something isn't right with it.

A quick Google suggests your not alone. Just give them a call and I'm sure they will get it replaced.

A quick Google suggests your not alone. Just give them a call and I'm sure they will get it replaced.

Had a look into it and there are some differing views on how noisy the PS4 is, I've adjusted the shelves on my unit to give it more space in case it's just getting too warm. I'll be keeping my eye on it for now though.

Don't be silly!

Gears of War, Quantum Break, Forza Motorsport, and Halo just can't compete with Killzone and err ... Knack!

Gears is a tired franchise, the last 2 were shite. The last Halo was identical to the first one, also a tired franchise, I'll give you Forza and Quantum Break though, both look good. Titanfall still hasn't sold me, the more i hear about the game, the more it sounds like shite.

Final Fantasy 14, Deep down, Hell divers, Infamous: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Gran Turismo. Are the PS4 exclusives im aware of

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games

Heres an IGN list from last month of games for both if anyone's curious, truth be told i dont know half on the list. Everything ive seen about that Planetside 2 has so far been excellent, very tempted to download it off steam. Out of all 3 lists there's only a handful in interested in.

italics mean exclusives

PS4

Dark Sorcerer

DCUO

Deep Down

Warframe

Don't Starve

Drive Club

FinalFantasy XIV: Realm Reborn

Killzone Shadow Fall

Infamous Second Son

Knack

Galak-Z

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Tekken Revolution

Mercenary Kings

Planetside 2

Secret Ponchos

The Witness

Order 1866

Outlast

Primal Carnage: Genesis

Ray's The Dead

Transistor

PlayRoom

RIME

Shadow of the Beast

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Blacklight: Retribution

Resogun

Pinball Arcade

Flower

Oddworld: New and Tasty

UNCHARTED

MLB: The Show 2014

Both

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

The Crew

Destiny

Dying Light

The Elder Scrolls: Online

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts III

EA sports UFC

FIFA 14

Just Dance 2014

Madden 25

Metal Gear Solid V:

The Phantom Pain

Need For Speed: Rivals

Mirrors Edge 2

NBA 2k14

NBA Live 14

Peggle 2

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Thief

Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Skylanders Swapforce

Sniper Elite 3

Trials Fusion

Watch Dogs

Wolfenstein: New Order

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

The Division

Diablo 3

Minecraft

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Child of Light

No Man's Sky

Xbox One

Below

Crimson Dragon

D4

Dead Rising 3

Fantasia: Music Evolved

Forza 5

Halo

Killer Instinct

Lococycle

Powerstar Golf

Project Spark

Quantum Break

Rabbids Invasion

Ryse: Son of Rome

Sunset Overdrive

Titanfall

Zoo Tycoon

Zumba Fitness World Party

Fable Legends

Unnamed black tusk game

Had a look into it and there are some differing views on how noisy the PS4 is, I've adjusted the shelves on my unit to give it more space in case it's just getting too warm. I'll be keeping my eye on it for now though.

Good call, as much room as possible to let it get all the air it needs.

I seem to remember thinking that it was pretty noisy for a console, but on playing it more, I can't say I've noticed it being "overly" loud. I've somehow managed to keep it on top of the TV stand, right beside the TV itself, so plenty of space unlike the XBox, so maybe that's making a difference. It seems a lot noisier on startup - once games are going, I don't notice it much.

Any games company that does that should be heavily criticized. Its false advertising at the end of the day. The Fable franchise made a name for itself making promises they never intended to fulfill. If i had or was getting a PS4 i wouldn't buy the game.

I can't be arsed reading a few dozens of pages to update myself on this topic.

Can someone give an overview now that the machines have been out a while, please?

Get a PC and watch the serfs argue over the consoles from your lofty position of superiority whilst playing truck simulator or spending hours trying to unsuccessfully mod one of your games

If i had or was getting a PS4 i wouldn't buy the game.

2m people already have it. Nobody's complained about the resolution until now, they covered it up well at the time because it does offer 1080 vertical pixels - the blurriness in multiplayer is down to less horizontal pixels rather than some funny post-processing as was assumed at the time (edited: had vertical and horizontal mixed up).

I can only see quotes about Killzone's MP "targetting" 60 fps and it does hit it, it's just not steady. Careful wording, I guess, but for a competitive shooter you'd want the solid framerate over the graphics - which is what COD and Titanfall aim for (although Titanfall had framedrops in the beta apparently).

I can't be arsed reading a few dozens of pages to update myself on this topic.

Can someone give an overview now that the machines have been out a while, please?

In terms of worldwide sales, the PS4 has 6m with ongoing stock shortages and the Xbox One 'around 4m' (both brilliant figures in a short space of time).

The majority of multiplatform games run better on PS4. The two consoles have similar architecture, but the XBox's performance is bottlenecked by a less powerful graphics chip and quirky design of the way memory is used.

The PS4 can be played remotely on a Vita, which is different from the Xbox's smartglass (which uses a tablet to supplement with info).

Xbox One has a more broad range of exclusive titles at the moment, in terms of the traditional genres, and a £399 Titanfall bundle about to hit (PS4 remains at £349 without a game). The PS4 has Infamous coming out soon, and although it's a decent series I'm not convinced it's a defining title. The PS4 and Vita are hoovering up the best of the indie titles coming from PC. There will be more announcements for both consoles later this month at GDC and then at E3 in May.

I'm looking forward to The Binding of Isaac hitting the PS4. I know it's been out on the PC for an age, but it's essentially being remade for the console and it'll be free with PS Plus. Definitely looking forward to it. Hours of fun in such a simple game.

Get a PC and watch the serfs argue over the consoles from your lofty position of superiority whilst playing truck simulator or spending hours trying to unsuccessfully mod one of your games

If you can't play Left 4 Dead with a team of Batman, Joker, Two Face and Catwoman while the Macho Man Tank hurls packets of Slim Jims at you at Helm's Deep then what's the point of playing video games on that machine?

Any games company that does that should be heavily criticized. Its false advertising at the end of the day. The Fable franchise made a name for itself making promises they never intended to fulfill. If i had or was getting a PS4 i wouldn't buy the game.

Don't say that, iv just started fable 3.

I seem to remember thinking that it was pretty noisy for a console, but on playing it more, I can't say I've noticed it being "overly" loud. I've somehow managed to keep it on top of the TV stand, right beside the TV itself, so plenty of space unlike the XBox, so maybe that's making a difference. It seems a lot noisier on startup - once games are going, I don't notice it much.

That's my next step if I'm still finding it noisy, I have enough space to put it there but I prefer it on the shelf underneath where it's out harms way.

http://gamerant.com/peter-molyneux-fable-game-features-lies-trung-74903/

“Sorry – I’ve slightly over-promised on things on occasion. I could name at least 10 features in games that I’ve made up to stop journalists going to sleep and I really apologise to the team for that.”

Slightly?

:lol:

Ah well it was free so I can't complain too much I suppose.

Archived