PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to wait a year before buying one. See what games come out & what's the better deal.

Good shout, theres nothing I'd consider a must buy until spring next year that isnt available on current gen, It'll probably be more like 6 months for me though.

My mate saw a deal xboxone + COD ghost prestige version for £680! I was like wtf!?, surely that can't be right.

£200 for Call Of Duty? Some mug will pay that...Probably #Gary....:ph34r:

I think I'm going to wait a year before buying one. See what games come out & what's the better deal.

Wise. If you're waiting to see what games come out though, I'd be willing to predict that you will opt for the Xbox One when the time comes.

Nobody wants to hear fanboy opinions, that's what makes you seem like a 'simpleton'. That applies to both sides of the debate by the way, if you are so closed minded to not acknowledge the positives and negatives of each side then theres no point in being part of a discussion about it. No one wants to hear people coming one and slating one side or the other without providing some constructive views, that's like going to the football and just booing the other team the whole game purely because you dont like them...

That's funny, because the only thing others have done on this thread is failed to attend the football and still booed the other "team", to use your rotten analogy.

Care to source that quote? Be specific. (sorry, couldn't resist).

No one has said that, the price is a factor but I think most people are choosing the PS4 because Microsoft have shown themselves up for the massive shower of c***s that they are. Sony at least had the forethought to take the customer's wishes into consideration before they made their console.

Are people choosing the PS4 though? Is this thread representative of the gaming population? If you think Sony took customer wishes into consideration then I'm afraid you're the simpleton - they simply stuck with the tried and tested, and showed no imagination whatsoever while MS tried to advance things with ideas which WILL become the norm for all consoles some day.

My mate saw a deal xboxone + COD ghost prestige version for £680! I was like wtf!?, surely that can't be right.

Cool story. I'm sure people will avoid Xbox One on the basis of this post.

I'm waiting until I get fed up with GTA V. So a really really long time by the looks of things.

Are people choosing the PS4 though? Is this thread representative of the gaming population? If you think Sony took customer wishes into consideration then I'm afraid you're the simpleton - they simply stuck with the tried and tested, and showed no imagination whatsoever while MS tried to advance things with ideas which WILL become the norm for all consoles some day.

I'm not just basing my opinion on this thread, I'm basing it on the different groups I've seen discussing it (here, close and distant friends, /v/) and most people I've seen talking about it look to be choosing PS4 over Xbox One.

Maybe I should clarify, "taking customer wishes into consideration" is more deciding that they're not going to try and rinse the customers for all their worth. For instance, not including things like the internet connection or tying a disc to a console. Just basic common sense, perhaps, but Microsoft tried to f**k the customer and it backfired, hugely. Sony didn't even try and attempt it in their initial console reveal because they obviously realised how fucking stupid a move it would be. (because it's a massive slap in the face to the customer, well the one's who aren't fucking idiots)

If those are going to be the norm for consoles then everyone would be as well going to PC gaming, because who the f**k wants to be treated like that by your console companies?

Well considering that 65% of the votes on this topic are for PS4, versus 24% for the Xbox One, that tends to suggest a favorite between the two.

What things did Microsoft try to advance? More ways to get money out your pocket for potentially substandard games which you wouldn't have been able to return? Wow, amazing. Switching between TV and games? I can already do that, it's called the source button on my TV, not to mention I wouldn't have to pay an additional fee or need a subscription to use my source button, again amazing advances. A not so different version of the Kinect that again, no one really wants on would use. Which is a mandatory purchase Wether you want one or not.

So come on then fanboy where are these amazing advances in gaming you claim were offered? Cause all I see is needless filler for a poorly thought out device.

Would like to lean towards ps4 for Microsoft are c***s reasons, but I prefer the Xbox controller and user interface. These seem poor reasons but when you think about it they are pretty key to the whole console experience.

You get Xbox styled controllers for the PS.

I cant stand the Xbox contoller at all.

Im not a big console gamer but I will get one of them. Im leaning towards the PS4 just now but Ill probably wait a year and see what one I fancy then. Im in no rush.

I cant stand the Xbox contoller at all.

Im not a big console gamer but I will get one of them. Im leaning towards the PS4 just now but Ill probably wait a year and see what one I fancy then. Im in no rush.

I prefer the Xbox controller to the play station controller as I've used it the past 6 years. Saying that I'm leaning towards a play station do I'll either get used to there controllers or buy an Xbox styled one, Probably the former.

PS4 controller is apparently as close to the 360 control as the xbones is. It's supposed to be bigger, less 'hooked' at the handles, concaved analogue sticks and triggers and bigger buttons. I'll need to get a shot of it before I buy one because PS3 controller became unusable for me after playing the 360

It's still got a poor layout though with the analogue sticks side by side.

Anyway, the controller's the only thing the Xbox One has over the PS4 which is comfortably superior on everything else. As much as I prefer Xbox controllers, if I have to put up with a Playstation controller I will for all the other benefits that come with the console.

PS4 controller is apparently as close to the 360 control as the xbones is. It's supposed to be bigger, less 'hooked' at the handles, concaved analogue sticks and triggers and bigger buttons. I'll need to get a shot of it before I buy one because PS3 controller became unusable for me after playing the 360

Agreed, im curious to try the new controller, ive heard from people who have had a shot at holding one that it is much more comfortable, but we will have to see how comfortable it is in a few hour game session.

I've always preferred using the 360 controller to the Playstation's. Not that the PS' is terrible but the triggers do annoy me a bit plus the 360's seems more natural to me. It'll be interesting to give the new controllers a shot.

Gary maybe you should write to MS and ask that they make a Fleshlight accessory for the Xbox One so that your life's ambition could be complete.

With the initial batch of pre-order units already snapped up for the xmas rush, what sort of time scale do we expect before shelves are restocked?

I've not bothered my arse as I was initially planning on sticking with my xbox for 12months before getting a next gen console but now i'm tempted to move to PS4. I can't remember what happened with PS3/360, but I read someone suggesting it will be 6 months until all pre-orders are met, and shelves are fully stocked following people fighting over the units drip fed after xmas.

If that is the general feeling, i'll stick with the xbox, but 6 months seems a pretty excessive estimation??

Archived