General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Derek Warwick in his superstock, 221,I will dig out the photo and post it, Derek has never lost sight of his Stock Car roots!!

Of course! I only go back as far as Barry Lee.

I always liked Warwick, Read an interview with him where he said he feels no animosity towards Senna despite him blocking his move to Lotus in 1986, despite it effectively ruining his career. His brother Paul looked to be pretty good too.

I have set up Fantasy F1 for the coming season. Go to www.fantasyracers.com register your team then join the league "We know what we're doing". Please spread the word to get as many folk signed up for a laugh. No prizes, just bragging rights.

Massive incident at Daytona in the nationwide race. tony Stewart won, but at the mo looks like at best some spectators were injured. Car in second stunt the car in first going for the chequered, carnage insued and one of the cars' engines went through the catch fence.

<p>Oh no....didn't realise there was a Nationwide race today...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I was there in Daytona in 1996 with my boy in the front row at pit exit....Mark Martin hit the wall in front of us but the race was quite uneventfull and Dale Jarrett went on to win.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Really looking forward to the 500 on sunday...</p>

Edited by jimmy boo

ESPN news started their coverage with news that Danica didn't finish the race before even mentioning the crash and spectators being injured apparently.

It really was a horrific accident and looking at this picture, it's a miracle that no-one was killed.

post-21305-13617115192711_thumb.jpg

t1t3h, on 24 Feb 2013 - 13:23, said:

ESPN news started their coverage with news that Danica didn't finish the race before even mentioning the crash and spectators being injured apparently. It really was a horrific accident and looking at this picture, it's a miracle that no-one was killed.

And more of a miracle the driver walked away!!

Really looking forward to the race later......the motor racing year begins today.

Nissan have just announced that they are going to run a zero emissions electric race car at Le Mans in 2014. The long term plan is to have a LMP1 zero emissions race car win the Le Mans 24hrs.

NISMO/Nissan are going to release a NISMO tuned GTR soon too apparently.

Edited by t1t3h

Speaking of spectator safety! :o

Seen this before and will admit that I'm very tempted about heading out to it, but want to cross the NW200 and the Hill Climb festival at St-Ursanne - Les Rangiers in Switzerland off my list first

Nissan have just announced that they are going to run a zero emissions electric race car at Le Mans in 2014. The long term plan is to have a LMP1 zero emissions race car win the Le Mans 24hrs.

NISMO/Nissan are going to release a NISMO tuned GTR soon too apparently.

Despite the fact it's electric, got to commend Nissan on trying something different. Last year was the Delta Wing which split opinions (I loved it BTW) but at least they are attempting to push forward in motor racing with potential benefits to road cars.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie