General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

I heard the news earlier on about Coulthard's sister, so so sad.

Bathurst just had a hail storm = Chaos for 5 minutes, then it just stops. The weather is as changeable as Spa, it also appears to have different weather at every corner.

Same here. Hopefully Channel Five or some like can pick up a highlights package.

Ah that takes me back - recording the highlights in the middle of the night to watch the following morning to go to work.

The viewing figures for IndyCar on Sky are pitiful, they'd probably have got a few more folk watching it if they'd shove it on the F1 channel rather than endless re-runs of that day's race.

The final few laps of last year's Indy 500, with Dario winning, were one of the highlights of the sporting year for me. I remember it was scorching weather and I'd been out enjoying the sun contemplating whether to go home and watch it. I looked on Twitter and saw he'd been punted in the pits so decided against it. Glad I got back for the last 50 laps or so.

Just read that David Coulthard's sister has been found dead at her home, aged 35. She leaves an eight month old baby :(

Im finding it very hard to beleive the reports he was told before he went on the cooking show on saturday moring.....he didn't seem to have a care in the world.

Just read that David Coulthard's sister has been found dead at her home, aged 35. She leaves an eight month old baby :(

Having had the pleasure of interviewing Allan McNish the other week I had a rather sadder story involving one of our region's motorsport personalities to cover this week. Absolute tragedy :(

Was messing about on eBay today and came across a guy selling a load of Jackie Stewart stuff - including a whole load of late 80s F1 car models and even a relatively recent Williams with him driving! What's all that about?

Link here to the stuff being sold: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jys1955/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2654

Was messing about on eBay today and came across a guy selling a load of Jackie Stewart stuff - including a whole load of late 80s F1 car models and even a relatively recent Williams with him driving! What's all that about?

Link here to the stuff being sold: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jys1955/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2654

Definitely a fanatic! I knew JYS had driven a few F1 cars but some of them are new to me. The Wolf and the Renault turbo.