General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Franck Petricola lost his life during TT practice this evening. Very sad, especially considering he had just recently returned to racing after, if I recall correctly, a near fatal crash at the NW200 last year.

On a brighter note Bruce Anstey is flying! : )

Edited by CooCoothenoo

Franck Petricola last his life during TT practice this evening. Very sad, especially considering he had just recently returned to racing after, if I recall correctly, a near fatal crash at the NW200 last year.

On a brighter note Bruce Anstey is flying! : )

Just read that.....damn, I hate this part of the sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZIi-a5F_A

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Michael's patience has run out. Switching from Milwaukee Yamaha to Buildbase BMW. This will put the cat among the pigeons.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2015/june/michael-dunlop-dumps-milwaukee-yamaha-to-ride-bmw-at-tt-2015/

Edited by CooCoothenoo

Right, finished packing (aka stuffing everything into rucksack and hoping it fits and that the excess weight doesn't cause me to fall back when I put it on) for the TT and heading off tomorrow, thought I'll do a small preview to ease my excitement. It's difficult to pick a winner for each of the races with so much strength in the the field, however there are in my view 6 riders who will be in the running for the win.

1. John McGuiness - The King of The Mountain is now injury free and is coming off a good North West 200 a few weeks ago, he had to break away from the Padgett Racing team for the Supersport and Superstock races but remains on a trusted Honda. He's almost a cert to get the TT Zero and I wouldn't put it past him to do enough to get another win on the big bikes.

2. Ian Hutchinson - Since the 2010 TT where he won all 5 races in a single week he's been to hell and back with injuries and setbacks. However it seems that Hutchy has got back to his best in recent meets and he seems to fit well with the Kawasaki bike. He was the first rider this year to break the 130mph lap with McGuiness being the 2nd rider not far behind.

3. Bruce Anstey - Fastest man around the track and quite possibly the most laid back as well. He always seems to be in the podiums at least once and I hope that it'll be the top step this year around. It all depends upon if he gets out of the right side of the bed. Also his beard is a thing of beauty.

4. Guy Martin - Is this is last year or not, hell even Guy himself doesn't know as he changes is mind with each interview. Last year I said that it was the best chance for Guy to get that TT win and I'll say it again, it all depends upon whether he can keep his concentration for the whole race, he's on the best bike possible I think, but then so is the next rider.

5. Micheal Dunlop - ask me Wednesday and I would have said there was no way Dunlop was going to get anything this year, the R1 Yamaha is a new bike and the Gremlins are still being worked on. Last night, he made the bold move to split with the Milwaukee team and go to the BMW Buildbase team. He's now back on the bike's he won the TT on and it will take a brave man to be against Michael winning at least one race.

6. Gary Johnson - Often overlooked despite having 2 TT wins to his name. Coming back from a nasty crash last year in the Supersport race, he's no longer with the Triumph team that gave him the win last year, but he's still quick, but is the Yamaha?

There's a few other riders who will need a lot of things to go their way to get the win, but could quite possibly trouble the podium. William Dunlop with the Tyco BMW (Guy's teammate) is going well and Connor Cumins is constantly in the top 10 in practice while the fastest debutant from last year Peter Hickman as to be an outside bet. Ryan Farqhuar is back on the big bikes but his best chance comes on the Lightweights. I'm also hoping for Cameron Donald and that lovely Norton to actually last a whole race, they are still having a number of issues with it but it sounds so.

The last question is whether we'll see a sub 17min lap this year? Last year Bruce lapped the course at 17min 6 seconds and anyone who has seen the lap (from what they could see through their fingers anyway) will know it was not a fully perfect lap. It will need a number of factors to fall into place and the weather to improve a bit but it is possible, any number of riders could go below 17 mins, and what an achievement that would be.

Also they've pushed the racing back a day it seems with the Chairs going on Sat and the Superbikes going on Sunday....may get to see some of that after all.

Totally wrong about William but Bruce done it at last on the big bike : ) James Hillier seemed pretty emotional about his podium.

Yeah, Bruce rode really well on Sunday and again today, think he'll be in the hunt in the Senior race.

Hutchy won the Supersports today and it couldn't gone to a better rider imo. He may not be as charismatic as Guy or McGuiness but he's been too hell and back and it's great to see him back

Le Mans race week :thumsup2

Leaving for Le Mans on Wednesday night. Weathers looking :unsure2:

Any other P&Bers going?

As it clashed with the TT, I'm missing most of the race this year. Next year I'm planning to do both though....as long as I can convince the boss to allow me take most of June off work.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Nice to see Ivan Lintin get a win, and a hard fought one at that. What about JM? Just that afternoon my dad and I were writing him off and saying his days as top dog were over. Absolutely delighted to be proved so wrong : )

Best wishes to Jamie Hamilton. He's quite a character. Hoping he pulls through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Justin Wilson involved in a big crash at Pocono where a piece of debris from Sage Karam's crash has hit him in the head. Had to be extracted from the car and was airlifted to hospital. Also Speedway rider Darcy Ward was involved in a crash in Poland this afternoon and is currently in hospital, there are a number of rumours going around about serious lower limb injuries which I can only hope are not true.

Hate these moments in this sport.