General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Lotus have had their LMP2 cars seized by the French courts in the Le Mans pitlane, apparently they haven't paid one of their partners.

It will be interesting to see if they get them back in time for qualifying tomorrow night.

Audi #2 on pole. Counts for little in the context of a 24hr race, but still a badge of honour.

Love watching the first and last hours of the race - everything else inbetween is for the fetishist imo!

I prefer to call it enthusiasm. I do try and catch as much as possible and I have Radio LeMans on for the entire race.

Still guaranteed to miss something like I do every year.

I prefer to call it enthusiasm. I do try and catch as much as possible and I have Radio LeMans on for the entire race.

Still guaranteed to miss something like I do every year.

I'll be somewhere in between. Think you have to be quite keen to watch the whole thing but am doing nothing else this weekend so will have it on in the background - be it commentary or TV pictures. Was surprised to hear on 5Live Hindhaugh doesn't do the whole thing.

Anyone on here been? Would love to go but I fecking hate camping, not least because I can't sleep. The prospect of driving down there then driving back with no sleep for three or four days is not an enticing one!

Long shot, but has anyone been to NASCAR at New Hampshire before? I'm in Boston in September and would quite like to go but not sure how I'm going to get there.

Go for it!!!! It's been way too long since my only Nascar race...1996 Daytona 500....awesome!!!

Defiantly think I'm going to. I've been to the British Grand Prix before and you can get shuttle buses prom pretty much anywhere, but can't find anything on google like that for this.

Really sad news. Bit of an odd crash and I'm sure I read a tweet saying he was conscious.

The lead Audi (sadly not #2) seems to be running away with this at the moment. Long way to go but already looking ominous.

The Radio LeMans team apparently saw footage from the car behind and apparently it looks like something may have broke and sent him off. It looked a heavy impact and seemed to be diver side.

Seen on Twitter that the family have requested that Aston continue racing, hope they go onto win the class now.

Henry Hope-Frost ‏@henryhopefrost 51m

Aston Martin will continue at Le Mans at the request of Allan Simonsen's family. #respect