General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Coming down the hill and skidding round the final corner looked pretty spectacular - rest of the time it was hard to say as they were either too far away or going through the equivalent of the pitlane.

The lack of noise is hard to get your head around - I assumed we were in plenty of time for one of Saturday's races beause I couldn't hear or see any cars then realised they were halfway round the lap!

On 15/05/2023 at 08:38, Stu said:

The lack of noise is hard to get your head around - I assumed we were in plenty of time for one of Saturday's races beause I couldn't hear or see any cars then realised they were halfway round the lap!

Yeah, seen the Electric bikes race and it's strange to hear only the rolling of the tyre and the whine of an electric motor. 

Was it open to the public or just invited guests?  Would have liked to see it in person.

13 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Yeah, seen the Electric bikes race and it's strange to hear only the rolling of the tyre and the whine of an electric motor. 

Was it open to the public or just invited guests?  Would have liked to see it in person.

Invited guests - politicians, hangers on and the like. A lot of folk there for an event where spectators aren't allowed.

I was there under the pretence of work, although as I battered out a couple of thousands words for the paper while I was there then my conscience is clear!

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Nurburgring 24 hours just started (with a Scotsman on co-commentary, seems to be MackayPodcast on twitter though never heard of him)

He was/is a regular at Knockhill for the on track commentary and has been with the RLM boys for a while now, really good and has that "Alan McNish" vibe about his commentary.

1 minute ago, supermik said:

Saw a wee bit of the Indianapolis practice yesterday. Some guy done a lap at 228mph. He was the slowest!!

Been watching on and off all night. Average speeds of 232mph and 240 odd into turns 1 and 3. Looking forward to next Sunday.