General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

NW200 on today. Two good races so far, particularly the SS600. 

I was out taking photos this afternoon so was dipping in and out of the racing when I could.  That finish to the Supersport was amazing and was lucky to catch that. 

Did you see the state of the Dunlop tryes from the first superbike race?

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Did you see the state of the Dunlop tryes from the first superbike race?

Yes. 

They pulled Dunlop mounted riders of the grid for the second Superbike race on Dunlop's recommendation. 

BTCC at Brands Hatch on ITV4 - first race Rory Butcher drops from 9th to the back as the only one on slicks on a drying track. By the end he's a few seconds a lap quicker than everyone and would've finished top 5 just five seconds off the leader but slid off and lost a couple of places on the last lap.

Second race on the main ITV channel earlier so good promotion for a wider audience and in HD - third race about to start soon. Quite cool to get the aerial shots from the Goodyear blimp as well.

Edited by Ginaro

• 2 weeks later...

Indy 500 today!  I'm gutted to not be there this year but still really looking forward to this race.  There are at least 15, if not 20 cars that are competitive enough to win so it should be a great race.  The Ganassi and Carpenter cars have been the fastest so far in practice and qualifying but I'm keeping my eye on Takuma Sato.  Mr "No attack, no chance" starts 10th and has been good in traffic in practice, and he's always fast and aggressive at Indy