General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

31 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Monaco Formula E race was cracking.

Aye, glad I tuned in during the SC - thought da Costa was going to lock up and cause carnage by hitting that barrier at the chicane, but he got it stopped!

Edited by Ginaro

Final BTCC race was a cracker as per!

Some drivers on wets, some on drys, track going dry>wet>dry>wet in the space of about 30 mins, with the differing tyre choices coming to the fore at each stage!

Couple of big'ole crashes in race two too, Below from youtube, not my wallpaper! 

RG really unlucky yesterday, getting stuck trying to lap Sato / Sato battling to stay on the lead lap, probably cost him the win.

Fair play to the young guy Veekay getting his first win, just can't help feeling a bit gutted for RG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Only a 4000 ticket capacity for the wide open spaces of Donnington Park (WSB 2-4 Jul), yet 22,500 fans can be allowed into Wembley?
Seems grossly unfair.

Yep. Im heading to oulton park on sunday and only a 4000 capacity. The only good thing, I suppose, is that it wont take hours to get out after the last race. Would rather see a full crowd though.

Yep. Im heading to oulton park on sunday and only a 4000 capacity. The only good thing, I suppose, is that it wont take hours to get out after the last race. Would rather see a full crowd though.

140,000 capacity crowd to be allowed to attend the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on July 18th. Perhaps the bikes might get a review and reprieve?

• 4 weeks later...

Only 1000 at Knockhill for the recent club meeting and the BSB meeting. It's a 24 acre site IMSMC. 

Hopefully there'll be more allowed next meeting 31Jul-01Aug. 

Once word gets out that I'm entered there'll be a mad stampede for ticklets 🤔

Hat trick weekend for Jonny Rae to reclaim top spot in the WSBK at Assen. Nightmare for Gerloff in the last race, taking Toprak out on the first bend, then crashing out himself after completing his ride through penalty.

All set up at Knockhill for the second round of the championship. 

MpiDLE6.jpg

52JTuME.jpg

Both bikes scrutineered now. I'm relaxing with a beer 🍺 

It's reverse direction this weekend. I've never raced the reverse but have done a trackday or two but that was a while back. 

See!!!! The excuses have started already :lol:

Edited by Trackdaybob

7 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Best of luck man, was hoping to be able to get down this weekend but not able to. 

Thank you. 

Next one is 4-5 sep. I'll be aiming for that one too. And East Fortune end of September. As much as I love racing at all the great circuits down south, you can't beat coming 'home'. I cut my teeth here many years ago. Always nice to come back.  

On 30/07/2021 at 18:19, Trackdaybob said:

All set up at Knockhill for the second round of the championship. 

MpiDLE6.jpg

52JTuME.jpg

Both bikes scrutineered now. I'm relaxing with a beer 🍺 

It's reverse direction this weekend. I've member raced the reverse but have done a trackday or two but that was a while back. 

See!!!! The excuses have started already :lol:

Is that the Honda CB500 championship?

16 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

It is indeed. 

Boy  just over the bridge from where i stay  has made his racing comeback in this championship, doing some of the Thundersport GB as well. Neil Glendinning, says he's fair enjoying it although the gravel at Donnington Park a bit on the rough side

48 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Boy  just over the bridge from where i stay  has made his racing comeback in this championship, doing some of the Thundersport GB as well. Neil Glendinning, says he's fair enjoying it although the gravel at Donnington Park a bit on the rough side

Yes Neil is going very well. He was running up front all weekend. He runs well in Thundersport too. 

I'm just the old slow guy at the back :lol: