General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
19 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:
Completely forgot about this, just purchased the superview for the season.   Noticed they are covering the practice sessions as well.

Not that familiar with it but at this time of year I'll watch anything. Does Penske still run a team?

No, Penske pulled out at the end of last season rather surprisingly, think with his ownership of the Indycar series and Indianapolis as well he was cutting back of a few things (pulled out if IMSA as well). 

The Superview is actually really good value, just over £35 for the full season, includes practice, qualifying and races live and on demand.

No, Penske pulled out at the end of last season rather surprisingly, think with his ownership of the Indycar series and Indianapolis as well he was cutting back of a few things (pulled out if IMSA as well). 
The Superview is actually really good value, just over £35 for the full season, includes practice, qualifying and races live and on demand.
That price sounds good if you're a fan and will make use of it. Didn't stay up till 0400 but it was being repeated on Fox506 this afternoon during half time in Saints game so couldn't stick around for the rest. Decent iptv is a wonderful thing. Formula E on also but doesn't really do it for me.

As much as I love Nascar, it infuriates me how they will throw a yellow flag for no good reason like in the Xfinity race there with a couple of laps to go and someone brushes the wall!! Some support race now from Mount Panorama has my heart racing. Due to it being one of the best race tracks in the world obviously. No way will I last till 0400...

On 28/02/2021 at 00:43, jimmy boo said:

As much as I love Nascar, it infuriates me how they will throw a yellow flag for no good reason like in the Xfinity race there with a couple of laps to go and someone brushes the wall!! Some support race now from Mount Panorama has my heart racing. Due to it being one of the best race tracks in the world obviously. No way will I last till 0400...

Competition yellows absolutely ruin NASCAR and IndiCar for me. Ovals are boring enough, but knowing the first 498 laps are essentially meaningless because a yellow is going to get chucked to contrive a close finish just tops it off. Mind you, 'mercuns like NBA basketball, which is pretty much the indoor version of the same thing.

There's a difference between Yellows thrown for genuine safety reasons and 'competition' yellows. It's risible how often a yellow gets thrown in the last handful of laps because the officials have suddenly spotted a tiny piece of carbon fibre on the infield that's been sat there since lap 1.

I have no problem with genuine yellows.

Sabine Reck/Schmitz has passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/56420308

I'm absolutely gutted. One of a very few female racers who was genuinely as quick, if not quicker than most of her male co-drivers. She served us once in her family's restaurant and was an absolute pleasure. No ego at all and happy to sit chatting away for ages. :(:thumbsdown

9 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:
Saw a report on Youtube last night that Nascar are racing on a dirt track this weekend for the first time since 1970.

It's Bristol, Tennessee which is a half mile concrete oval which usually provides plenty of thrills and spills. It's like a bullring with massive grandstands all the way round. For some reason Nascar have decided to cover it with dirt as a nod to their sports roots which started out on dirt tracks, some of which are still used to this day for minor race categories. Ill be watching but not sure what to expect....probably crazier than ever.

ETA...just watching Truck Series practice. When I say watching it's through what looks like a sandstorm so can't see anything. Commentators love it though...surprisingly🙄

Edited by jimmy boo

5 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

225mph on a bike........wow. 

And also f**k that!!

Guys who race motorbikes , weather its Moto Gp , Superbikes , Speedway or whatever  are a different breed , they're all stone mad and have had their sense of fear  removed 😂😂

• 4 weeks later...
Scenes in the Formula E, just about every car ran out of energy on the last lap [emoji38]
I'm pretty sure someone seriously fucked up on the when working out what power to remove after the final safety car. Some people went from 18% remaining to about 3%.

• 2 weeks later...