General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is a site which shows full races after the event? I recently ditched Sky sports and went with IPTV which can't record. Couldn't do a nightshift for the Texas Indycar race last night and all I can find on YouTube is 30 minutes of highlights from Indycar or the whole thing on a Russian channel. NBCSN and Sky don't seem to be doing a re run. 

@Stu ?

19 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Does anyone know if there is a site which shows full races after the event? I recently ditched Sky sports and went with IPTV which can't record. Couldn't do a nightshift for the Texas Indycar race last night and all I can find on YouTube is 30 minutes of highlights from Indycar or the whole thing on a Russian channel. NBCSN and Sky don't seem to be doing a re run. 

@Stu ?

Not a clue I'm afraid. Sky would be the only place in the UK. I'd keep an eye on YouTube incase it eventually pops up there.

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not a clue I'm afraid. Sky would be the only place in the UK. I'd keep an eye on YouTube incase it eventually pops up there.

Cheers bud, i'll make do with the official 30 minutes of highlights. Currently enjoying Nascar from Atlanta👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apart from F1 qualifying, this has been a great day of motorsport. Indycar and Nascar Xfinity from Indianapolis then IMSA  from Daytona. Townsend Bell in the commentary booth at Indy then flew to Daytona to drive in sportscars.

• 3 weeks later...

The MotoGP season got underway at the weekend. Moto 3 was excellent. Gutted for poor John McPhee. Nerfed off at the last corner dicing for the win.

Moto 2 the usual snorefest but a decent placing for Sam Lowes. 4th instead of the gravel is a decent start.

Moto GP though??? Wow££  Marquez off into the gravel early on after a massive slide and save then preceding to get back up through the field pushing like hell until the inevitable highside :( Proper mullered his shoulder and arm. Touch and go whether he makes round two this weekend I imagine. #

In other news, I'm off to Donington Park this weekend for the first round of the Thundersport GB500 Seniors Championship. Looking forward to it. It's been far too long. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Considering he has a broken humerus which he has surgery on yesterday, he's definitely not racing on Sunday. He's trying to be back for Brno, but quite frankly I don't see how that will be possible.

I've long since given up trying to figure our what injuries riders can or cannot race with, you see guys often do their collarbones in only to race a the following weeks with a small mechano set installed in their shoulders.

I've long since given up trying to figure our what injuries riders can or cannot race with, you see guys often do their collarbones in only to race a the following weeks with a small mechano set installed in their shoulders.

Collarbone seems to matter f**k all to these guys, but his arm was properly fucked. And I can only imagine the stress and torque in particular placed on that part of the arm while riding, particularly the Marquez wrestles his bike.

8 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I've long since given up trying to figure our what injuries riders can or cannot race with

Indeed. Even in the club race paddock the lengths some people go to to get on the grid amaze me.

At the time I was more worried about his dodgy shoulder. Nevertheless, considering the physicality required to ride these things these days, a broken arm could see him out for a good while. It is a shame but also, it'll maybe give us a straight championship fight perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Reports in the Spanish media that he's trying to ride this weekend. If that's true someone has to stop him, he'll be a danger to himself and others.

It's crazy :o 

image.thumb.png.9ff88658ac8d5f6d4f2cfd582a02c867.png

Reports in the Spanish media that he's trying to ride this weekend. If that's true someone has to stop him, he'll be a danger to himself and others.
If he rides and falls on that arm again, he could end up with a career-ending Injury.