General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Race night at the NW200 live stream available from the BBC website. Racing starts at 5pm.

(On phone so can't provide links atm)

That's always worth a watch...not that I know the first thing about bikes. Not seen the usual million bikers down my way heading for the ferries.

Bad looking crash between at least 2 of the leaders at top speed.

It looked as if Ryan Farquhar's front tyre tucked under and he went down, unfortunately Dan Cooper following so close behind had no where else to go.  Thankfully race officials have stated that both riders have been taken to hospital but, and most importantly, the injuries are not life threatening.

Today we lost young Malachi Mitchell-Thomas at the NW200. He was a very talented young man. He crashed at the same spot as Farquhar but unfortunately succumbed to his injuries. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Sometimes this sport can be so unbelievably cruel. 

Cg0gBhxWIAAoNWf.jpg

:(  God speed.

FIA website -http://www.fia.com/news/statement-regarding-incident-race-1-spielberg

A serious incident has occurred during Race 1 of Round 4 of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, involving car number 18 Zhi Cong Li (CHN), number 3 Ryan Tveter (USA) and number 5 Pedro Piquet (BRA).

Following on-track evaluation, Zhi Cong Li and Ryan Tveter were transferred to the circuit’s medical centre. One driver was initially unconscious, but both drivers were conscious on arrival at the medical centre.

Zhi Cong Li has subsequently been taken to hospital via helicopter due to possible head and back injuries.
Ryan Tveter was taken to hospital by ambulance for further examination.

Sweet Jesus Christ that is a frightening accident. Cannot remember the last time I seen an accident that made me swear out loud on first viewing. Apparently Li who went airborne only (given that impact) has a broken heel and a couple of vertebrae. Testament to the strength and safety of these cars.

Something like this has been coming for a while in F3. The driving standards over the last 18-24 months has been a disgrace.

Thankfully no one was killed and I hope this shocks the rich kids and reminds them that motor racing is dangerous.

So Bruce Anstey's for the TT outright lap record then??? story link

RC213V.jpg?mw=540

Padgetts are using a Honda RC213V-S for the Superbike/Senior races.  This is the racing version, of the road version, of Marc Marquez's Moto GP Bike........in other words, this is as close to a Moto GP bike racing on the Mountain Course we'll ever likely to see. 

CjetWrrW0AALlz9.jpg

Another close finish in the Indy Lights race, Dean Stoneman wins by 0.0024 seconds.....although almost celebrated too early there.

Bugger!! Missed this! ! I did watch some qualy yesterday and by qualy I mean the PA telling the fans to take cover from a monsoon which was played live for the next hour or so. It was eerie seeing the worlds largest sporting arena without a soul in sight.

Hope there's video footage of this accident from British F3 today :o

Cjjk-1oXIAAY4Zy.jpg

EDIT: 

- has external footage. Incredible that he walked away unhurt. Edited by Dave

Manor Racing in F1 2015 to Indy 500 winner 2016, Alexander Rossi

Crossed the line out of fuel as well

The last couple of laps were mad. Everyone was flying past him. I reckon I'd have been able to overtake him in my Corsa. Judged it to perfection!